“surprisingly good food for a pub”

McHughs Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 1,050 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“surprisingly good food for a pub”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We ate here at lunch one day, I had a roast beef and rocket sandwich on some lovely country grain bread. A very hearty and tasty sandwich, that looked more like something you'd get in an upscale deli. My husband had a yummy burger, which was a cut above what I normally would expect in a pub, due in large part to the attention paid to the garnish and the incredibly fresh ingredients.

We also stopped in one night to listen to some traditional music, which we enjoyed. The decor is lots of dark wood and leather seats, just what I'd expect in a pub.

• Visited August 2013

belfast
“Simply superb food!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Have eaten here a number of times over the years but I have to say the last time I visited was very memorable. The ambience is great and the service was excellent. A varied menu was available and the quality of the food really was fantastic. I was with my husband and both our dishes were faultless. I will definitely be returning here very soon

Visited October 2013
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food - well worth a visit”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Although there is a more limited menu than most the food is outstanding, well cooked, and well presented, The staff are more than helpful, but there is no pressure to eat up and move on, if you book a table it really is yours for the night. The ambience is excellent and the whole experience is relaxing. The lava rocks on which Steaks are cooked are innovative allowing you to cook the steak to your own specification yourself. The beef was the best I have ever tasted - no gristle and no fat throughout either the rump or sirloin. We went back!

• Visited October 2013
Barcelona, Catalonia
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We had our business dinner here and both the food and the service were excellent, from starters to dessert. I reccomend the meata and the desserts like the crumble. Taste their own beer for a full local experience.

Verdal, Norway
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Ordered mussels as starters and pasta for dinner on Arthurs Day'13. The food was excellent and cheap. Although it took quite a while from the order to the serve, and there wasn't that many other guests there. They excused the long waiting time alot before i got my dinner so it weighs up. Nice and helpful staff.

• Visited September 2013