“truly terrible”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

i went to this restaurant recently and it really was the worst indian meal I have ever tasted. the atmosphere was absolutly dead ! only two tables on friday night ! The food tested like microwaved and re-heated. The food had quite clearly been cooked several hours before and kept warm as the rice was very stale and dry and the meat was flaky and tasteless. Neither of us could finish our meals as the food was so unpleasant .

I would strongly suggest to avoid this restautaurant at all costs,do yourself a favour and make the trip as eating here is an awful dining experience.

6  Thank Andrew m

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Visited last Saturday had a lovely meal and very reasonable too. Had chicken pathia which I would highly recommend. Service was great, staff very friendly and you can bring your own drink, definitely a bonus!

3  Thank MCBELFAST
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We called in off the street on Friday dinner time. Thankfully they accommodate us, albeit on chair at the window overlooking stranmillis road.... Best table to sit in the house !!! People watching and gr8 food and wine. The service was friendly, helpful and chatty. Starters of chicken were delicious. I don't know if I ever had a biryani like that.

Look forward to returning in the near future!
Well done Tamarind.

3  Thank veena1230
Reviewed July 29, 2014

First of all the staff I had dealings with were disgustingly rude and were lacking in Customer Service skills.The atmosphere in the place was dull and ordinary and I felt like i was sitting in someones small dining room.The food was below par, and definitely did not wet my appetite to go back for me. for the starter we had king prawn puri and chiken pakora which was pretty good specially the prawn puri , however our main courses were disaster ! jinga chiken tikka was absolutely blunt ! too many cloves in the pilau rice.we left the place with empty stomach . All in all a terrible dining experience and not to be repeated.

6  Thank sam h
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My fiancé took me here after visiting the previous week with his friends.
The restaurant has nice decor and looks very clean, good atmosphere.
The staff are very friendly and very polite, 5 star staff and service!
The food was amazing, beautiful and well presented (with the nice added touch of a tomato shaped as a rose on top of my meal).
Reasonably priced also.
They also have a delivery service.
I will definitely be back and I would highly recommend to others.

4  Thank HolidayFreakxx