“poor service and customer relations”

Premier Inn Belfast City Centre (Alfred Street) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Maple Ridge, Canada
“poor service and customer relations”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I booked 2 rooms for our trip to Ireland for Oct 1 immediately upon hitting the send button realized I had put in the wrong date and when I immediately tried to contact them about my error, they said to me basically so sad you booked a non refundable room, and there is nothing to be done, I said but I just made this and made a typo error, they would not budge. When I arrived home I received a letter stating since I didn't CANCEL by 1 p.m. the day of arrival(which was the error date) I was being charged. Needless to say Premier Inn is not on my radar ever again. Not flexible at all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
graeme c, General Manager at Premier Inn Belfast City Centre (Alfred Street) Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Please contact me operationsmanager.belfastalfredst@whitbread.com,
I'm sorry to hear you did not receive the high level of service normally offered at Premier Inn.
Please contact me directly on the below email address to discuss further.

Kind Regards,
Graeme.
operationsmanager.belfastalfredst@whitbread.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Polish first
Derby
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed one night. Reception good. Staff in restaurant very attentive. Good selection on menu. Enjoyable evening meal and breakfast. Comfortable, clean room. All staff seemed friendly, knowledgable and well trained.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thankyou for taking the time to review Premier Inn Alfred Street Belfast.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend in November as we found a cheap deal on a website and for that reason we weren't expecting very much. However we were pleasantly surprised! The rooms themselves are clean and spacious. The only negative was the heater which was like a large space heater which dried the air out in the room very quickly. There service from staff was always friendly and helpful but I have to stay the breakfast was the highlight of the trip and well worth the extra money we payed for it! All you can eat buffet breakfast with a choice of fry up, cereals, fruit or porridge. The coffee is from a machine and is costa coffee. Brilliant. Kept clean and tidy and re stocked when needed.if there was anything else you wanted all you needed to do was ask! I would definately stay with the premier inn again!

• Stayed November 2013
North Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Staff couldn't have been more helpful, usual clean standard in the rooms, very close to city centre but no noise from nightlife. Breakfast plentiful and very fresh. We were given an early check in as we arrived off an overnight flight, this was at no extra charge. Staff were very knowledgeable about the area too. A lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
graeme c, General Manager at Premier Inn Belfast City Centre (Alfred Street) Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed November 2, 2013

In the course of my work I have done service of excellence and I have to say I was on the receiving end of such excellence when I stayed at the Premier Inn Albert St.The staff were friendly and helpful and the meal excellent.The girl on check in Shauna was extreamly helpful as was our waiter for the night ,KIeran.This was my first time to stay here and I will definately be back.Well done to management and staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
graeme c, Manager at Premier Inn Belfast City Centre (Alfred Street) Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to review Premier Inn Alfred Street Belfast.
I will ensure to pass on your comments to Shauna and Kieran.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

spent 2 nights at the premier inn Alfred street Belfast and was very surprised at the care and attention we were given. ALL staff were extremely friendly and helpful with a ready smile. This inn is centre based 5 min walk to city hall , 10 min walk to the waterfront. Costs about £8.00 in a taxi from city airport. Small foyer ,the atmosphere is friendly and warm. Each floor is excessed by room key as extra security . Small bar and restaurant with comfortable seating, again all staff were attentive and friendly. There is a wide range of food at a reasonable price. Breakfast is lovely, with a wide choice would recommend it. Extra coffee/tea/milk can be obtained from reception for the room. Wall plasma TV, hairdryer and coffee/tea making facilities available. My only complaint was the room was cold at night because we did not want to leave the heater on over night; however the staff would have given me extra duvet if known. Would I stay here again definitely wish I had stayed before when visiting Belfast .

Room Tip: any problems please ask a member of staff
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cookstown, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very happy with stay overall, staff very friendly, food outstanding would definitely recommend dinner in the hotel. Room was a little cold on arrival but it was very easily resolved, check in and check out were fast and simple, all dining potions provided to us at check in, room very clean and bathroom very clean, shower was brilliant and bed very comfortable. Overall I will be choosing to stay in a Premier Inn again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends