“The Merchant-truly magnificent - again and again”
Review of Merchant Hotel

Merchant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Portrush
“The Merchant-truly magnificent - again and again”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Again please pass on our thanks to all your staff for another superb stay at your hotel. We must stay longer than one night at some point.

Super dinner esp for my vegetarian fiancée , it is so nice to see a hotel put some thought into their veggie menu.

Cocktails made and presented to perfection.

The upgrade into the Lewis suite was completely unnecessary but absolutely stunning, what a treat.

Good luck with the completion of the new chapter.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kent
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Unfortunately my visit to the Merchant was fleeting, I was only in Belfast for one night and spent most of that at a meeting however what I did see of this hotel I liked a lot.
I booked the Merchant on the recommendation of a colleague who lives in Belfast and I wasn't disappointed.
My room was fantastic, very comfortable bed and excellent bedding, flatscreen TV, dvd player and i pod dock. You need to ask at reception about wi-fi, you get a card, and you'll need one for each device that you want to connect.
I only got to try the restaurant for breakfast but it's a lovely room and the next time that I use the Merchant (which I will) I'm going ti try it for dinner.
The hotel also has a Rolls Phantom for hire, I did consider it but wasn't sure how I would have categorised it on my expenses claim!
Good quality hotel in a city centre location which I would recommend for business travellers but also definitely for couples.

Is it the best hotel in Belfast? It's certainly the best that I've stayed in.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Ireland
Reviewed June 11, 2010

If you are travelling to Belfast and have the opportunity to spend that little bit extra on your accomodation then the Merchant hotel is for you. I cannot express how much I enjoyed my stay. I booked a twin room for me and my sister, expecting two pokey single beds with the usual woolen 'rug' for a blanket, boy was I wrong! The room had two huge double beds both with the softest sheets and feather duvets! Everything about the hotel oozes luxury, but the staff are not pretentious! you do feel comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt. The breakfast is delicious, the cocktails are superb- try the bramble. Room service is priced well e.g. a pizza of aprox 10pounds- you can't go wrong! the bathroom was huge with a great rain-forest shower.
I am counting the days to return to the Merchant... the hotel will be the reason for my visit to Belfast!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Stunning city centre hotel. Celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at The Merchant - thank you for the cake, chocolates and card - very thoughful. Staff like no other hotel staff we have ever experienced, adament to make our stay memorable. Meal in the restaurant was delightful and the breakfast in bed was just as good. Fantastic and friendly tapas bar across the road. 5 minute walk to Victoria Square.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
N Ireland
Reviewed June 1, 2010

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty, the atmostphere was stunning and the service was top class. Best breakfast we have ever had in a hotel. We stayed in a suite and it was excellent, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Halesowen, England
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Spent 2 nights, room excellent, staff excellent, service excellent. Not a cheap hotel, but you pay for service

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Belfast
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Fab hotel. Centrally located. The attention to detail was superb with service second to none. Room was beautifully furnished with original pieces of furniture.
I would recommend this hotel if you are celebrating something special and want that extra special treatment.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple