“Quality”
Review of Merchant Hotel

Merchant Hotel
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Clean.spavious.fantastic irush coffee.nibbles. lovely staff.quiet.comgortable seating .non obtrudive people.unaffeted by poverty.good taste and cheap drink
Toilets immaculat e
Wosley exclusiveness outside seating area lovely in afyernoon in sun.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank darrierob
Write a ReviewReviews (2,600)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Went for afternoon tea - and it was 'nice' thats about all I could say. We arrived and were shown to our table and given the afternoon tea menu. When the waitress came back for our order one of the group ordered a green tea, and the other the Merchant Blend tea. As a black tea drinker I asked which tea she would recommend and she said oh the Merchant Blend (ok - so much for helpful advice!) then she asked if we had any other queries so we asked if it was possible to have salad sandwiches instead of the smoked salmon - the answer - -a blunt NO! We wondered why we had been asked!! 4 small sandwiches arrived on 3 plates - very ordinary and nothing outstanding. The cake stands arrived - stainless steel :( ! The pastries were very uninspired and very obviously bought in and mass produced - a cake stand of Mr Kiplings would have been more enjoyable. All in all a very average experience that I won't be repeating

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SunfunNIreland
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We are fortunate enough to stay in some of the best hotels in the world and The Merchant has blown us away with the value for money it offers and exceptional staff. I don't recall being in a hotel ever before where the level of service from the front of house reception to the bell boys has been so consistent and exemplary. Well done Merchant Hotel! In addition the food is not only excellent but also very good value for money, we will be back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank HawkesPoint
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were in a group and one person paid with their card. It was only when we were looking at bill afterwards that we realised that they were good at adding bottles of wine to a group bill instead of glasses!!!!! Sadly this was only spotted when we had left. Expected better from them. Will warn others about practice.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank sarahjmccann
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I received a voucher for The Spa at The Merchant Hotel and used it towards a hot lava shell full body massage. I had never been to a Spa before and wasn't sure what to expect however, from the minute I arrived I was made to feel welcome and at ease. An immaculately groomed girl named Julie brought me down to the changing rooms and took time to explain everything to me, answering all my questions and making me feel like a relaxed lady of leisure. I used the hydropool prior to my treatment and this was a real treat. The lighting, music and warmth of the pool let me totally relax and give in to the spa experience. My treatment was carried out by another girl named Julie. I explained that I had never had a massage before and she made me feel so comfortable. She was extremely professional and excellent at the lava shell massage.

The Spa is dark but lit by candles and plush furniture and candelabras are dotted about the place. Relaxing piano music is played throughout and i noticed there was also an area where you could dine. The changing facilities were well maintained with ghds and hair dryers provided and secure lockers. I would definitely recommend the Merchant Spa to friends and I will definitely return. It is not over priced, it is value for money and it is an experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ClaritaTalks
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Enjoyed expensive break in September. Would prefer less formal dining but otherwise great facilities in unique surroundings. Art Deco room was lovely. Enjoyed Spa including rooftop hot tub next to the Albert Clock! Dinner in Jazz bar and breakfast in great hall were both good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Esther M
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here about three weeks ago and can honestly say one of the nicest hotels ive ever stayed in!check in was friendly and efficent - room was beautiful real cosy and comfy
we had lunch in the cloth ear and after dinner in a nearby restaurant that night - we had drinks in the cocktail bar - nice atmosphere
breakfast following morning lovely especially the setting
Will be making a return trip for sure!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family