Merchant Hotel
$104
$156
$104
  • Restaurant
Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
$73
$106
$80
PremierInn.com
2,695 results
All reviewscocktail barart decogreat roomafternoon teahot tubcloth earvictorian roomberts jazz barulster bankrooftop jacuzzipure luxuryturn down servicebeautiful hotelhuge bathroomstar hoteltrufflebirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Merchant in January and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The food was exceptional (we had both a late lunch in the bar & an evening meal) and I couldn't fault it at all.

The bar is great, an open fire burns as you drink and relax and everything appears to run very smoothly around you. The decor throughout the hotel is elegant and sophisticated but I found the bedrooms, although individually decorated and furnished, quite dark and gloomy, and a little on the cramped side.

The Merchant is central to everything so perfect to use as a base for travellers coming into belfast - if you don't mind forking out for that little bit of luxury.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jaclyn_Coffee_Freak
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Merchant Hotel provided my wife and I with an unforgettable experience.The ambiance is one of opulence and quiet courtesy. The staff are obviously well trained and customer service is excellent. The building is stunningly beautiful, our bedroom was excellent. The cocktail bar has a lovely atmosphere. People would drop in for a chat and a quiet drink. There was an understated buzz about the place. Bert's bar was busy and lively and the food was great. Breakfast was served impeccably well. All the staff were friendly and keen to please. Will definitely stay again! Not cheap but even so good value.

Room Tip: The Victorian room we got was full of character and was very handy for the bar and dining area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Must be absolutely the best hotel in Belfast. Loved it! We styled in the Art Deco side. Rooms very spacious with super bathrooms. We saw two as the first was too near lift doors and also above a party taking place in the Alpine lodge on roof. When we asked they moved us very quickly!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Barnsbury
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visited this hotel with friends for a very sophisticated "Hen Night" celebrations. Our party was treated like royalty and even though our group ranged in age from 17-70, we all thoroughly enjoyed the attentive service and delicious food. We had a private room and the facilities were excellent-well worth the money for a special ocassion.
I have to follow a gluten free diet and the staff appeared knowledgeable and made sure that I was served delicious GF alternatives when necessary.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elaine B
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Art Deco room we had was beautiful and huge with a stunning bathroom. Food fantastic with excellent service. The receptionist and duty manager deserve a special mention, I had booked the wrong date and we arrived a month early, the duty manager was fantastic and managed to find us a room without any fuss. Very, very impressed with everything and can not wait to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends