“Place to be”

Kremlin
Ranked #68 of 88 Nightlife in Belfast
“Place to be”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I very much enjoyed my visits to the Kremlin and fail to understand the negative reviews, as a gay man there are few places I can go and feel comfortable, regular customers of the Kremlin are given preference because we feel a sense of ownership and community within the venue, and if I'm honest I've seen trouble on numerous occasions and all of it caused by straight people visiting and not from within the community itself. The venue is nicely decorated and the music is great, although the floor gets a little dirty as the night goes on, bar staff are friendly and fun, especially Jessica and in regards to the door staff I've never seem them be rude in my life, they take an awful lot of abuse, in fact they have a new guy who I got chatting to and on first appearances he looks mean as hell and is a big fella, I thought he wouldn't last but after chatting to him he's the nicest guy you can imagine and now he never ignores me or my partner and shakes our hand every visit, he's part of a great team, Alison and Elaine do a great job as do the other bouncers, I really can't recommend Kremlin enough and I'll be back time after time

Dundalk, Louth, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Club”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The Kremlin is a gay club with the union bar right next door. Both places are warm and friendly with excellent and courteous staff. Have been in both many times and would recommend a visit, especially during pride!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Gerard C
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not the best kept”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Not the best kept clean. I've been many times and mainly as that's where the crowd is going. The staff always seem very slow however, this said there is the odd exception and a few of the staff are great and super fast at making their way through the large crowds. No draught beer is served in the room with the stage which is disappointing. In my experience the door staff are very fast at acting out at the slightest hint of trouble which is applauded in comparison to other Belfast clubs. Also toilets are far too dark.

Visited March 2012
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“No wine!”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We were here for a friend's party and really enjoyed the music. It was a Saturday so it was standing room only. I'm not a fan of their toilets, and I wish that they'd stock wine at the bar. They didn't, so I had to order alcopops. All drinks were served in a plastic cup. Wondered why not in a glass!?

Visited February 2012
Newry, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“could do better”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The Kremlin continues to be the biggest and most popular gay venue in Belfast and possibly Ireland, it is modern and chic inside and the different themed areas in its large interior make for a vibrant interesting setting. Sounds very good so far and it is but, and its a big but, this venue is a rip off from the entrance fee to the price of the drinks and be warned if you like a pint they stop selling them early, so you have to drink bottles or shorts which will be served in recycled plastic beakers. I think they do this because they think you will drink more and thus spend more and that seems to be the kremlins main goal extracting pink pounds from the gay community? Then there's the stalf I have honestly never encountered a more ignorant bunch the bar stalf are bad enough but the bounces are ten times worse. If your gay, lesbian, bi, or trans and your planning a trip to Belfast I would say go to the kremlin go early and bring plenty of cash if you want to have a few drinks and don't expect great costomer service but if your in Belfast you have to go

Visited December 2011