“Rude”

The John Hewitt Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 87 Nightlife in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: The Award winning John Hewitt Bar & Restaurant is a traditional pub in the heart of Belfast’s lively Cathedral Quarter. Lunches are served between 12pm and 3pm Monday - Saturday. Live music is played in the bar six nights per week. The bar is completely free from TV’s and gaming machines.
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Rude”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Was in with my sister and few friends for open mic and the craic was good but the manager was rude unprofessional refused to sell me alcohol saying I was to drunk I had two beers so why he took a dislike to me made no sense I've been here a few times for open mic and never had a problem will not be back and won't reacomend to friends and family.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank mariaflood

Farnham, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“a bar for those who like Irish Music live”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

a fantastic traditional bar and well worth a visit not least to see the artwork for sale, and to hear whomever has popped in to play... very laid back and rough and ready as a good old fashioned pub should be.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Chris C
belfast
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“very disappointed 1st. visit”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

to-day,7/3/14 at approx 12-30pm,my brother and myself entered the john hewitt for our 1st.time hopeing to enjoy lunch.
approx.30 tables to choose from,only 5 other people in the bar,4staff good start,selected a table.the waiter/barman asked us to move as the table we sat at may be needed if a large crowd may arrive and our table and the next one could be pushed together?
a reasonable request,we selected another table at the lower level.once again the same chap asked us not to sit where we had rested.where would you like us to sit i asked?
any where you like came the reply!
we thanked the staff (all 4) for making us so welcome,said farewell to the other 5 customers and left never to return.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank matildabBelfast
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Although there is not a wide selection to the menu the food was excellent. The staff are friendly and the is a great pub atmosphere.

1 Thank Jo C
Boston, Massachusetts
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A good traditional pub”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I ate a late lunch/ early dinner at 4:00. The Cod. & salmon were delicious. Finished with a cheese platter and another round of Guinness. We were very pleased. Whooshed we had the time to stay for the music at. 9.

Visited February 2014