“My home sweet home in central belfast for 3 great nights!”

Paddy's Palace Belfast
Ranked #30 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Belfast
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I really liked this hostel, i had stayed in the brilliant Paddys Palace in Derry and then hopped on their free link bus and went to paddys palace belfast. For only £10 per night i got a nice 4 bed dorm a 1 minute walk from queens university Belfast. not bad eh!
Now they also offered me a free trip to the giants causeway because i stayed 3 nights
ive not seen that kind of value anywhere. thanks a million

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Here's a little before an after for Paddy's Palace Belfast:

I stayed at Paddy's Palace Belfast on my very first tour of Ireland in March 2012. I remember the bitter cold, a tripping in room tap, clogged toilets, no shower and a duvet that made my new jeans smell so terrible they had to be thrown away.

But Don and the hostel lads and ladies have brought it on in leaps and bounds over the last month and half. I have been up twice during the work and they really got stuck in. It looked better every time.

Forget all the negativity from the posts of July and earlier (basically anything below this post since it hasn't been given a look in since August). If you have stayed here before, go back and give it another go, because it's more than a place to lay your head now. The TV room is a place you actually want to hang out in and the walls look like a rainbow threw up on them... instead of... erm... something else.

Congrats again to the team. Be proud :3 I'm sure they will only be continuing to improve.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed one night as part of a Paddywagon tour. There was one shower for our whole tour - it was cold and a trickle - filthy too. They were painting at the time and there was paint, ladders, and rubbish everywhere. The kitchen was absolutely filthy and had a puddle of water covering the floor - which we discovered was leaking through the light fixtures from the upstairs bathroom. Nasty.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank mwindle
PaddywagonTours, Guest Relations Manager at Paddy's Palace Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Hi, Thank you for sharing a review of your recent visit. We apologize for the inconvenience of the paint and ladders as we are working to improve the hostel for our guests. These improvements will include ensuring that Ireland's frequent rain stays outside where it belongs. We hope you enjoyed the remainder of your trip through Ireland!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Loved this place! Does need a little work but its getting there! Small walk into city centre! The two girls that run the hostel are very friendly and willing to help out! So much fun we had with all the staff! Lots of tours available! Kitchen was great for a cook up! Rooms were in good condition! Very cool hostel

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Nikkibaddeley

We love that you had such a great visit! We are working to make this the best hostel in Belfast, and look forward to you returning someday! Thank you for recognizing our staff, it's great to hear they were part of what made your trip memorable! Le meas / with respect, Paddy's Palace Belfast

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed here one night and it was disgusting. I know hostels are not luxury hotels or anything and I've stayed in other hostels so I can compare. This was the nastiest I've ever stayed in. I wanted to just pay the extra money and go to the B&B. I stayed with about 10 other people and not one of us felt comfortable showering there. The ceilings leaked on us constantly and in every room it seemed like. The "breakfast" is a joke. It's toast. Wow... There are not near enough bathrooms and only half of those there actually work. Totally gross! And the staff acted like we were the worst thing. She didn't speak to us after her rude introduction and no one spoke to her. What a dump!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank A C

Hi, Thank you for sharing a review of your recent visit. We apologize that you didn't have a great experience. We are working to improve the hostel for our guests, and are addressing all of the things you listed in your review. These improvements will include ensuring that Ireland's frequent rain stays outside where it belongs.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

This place was fine for us (we were dropped off late at night and didnt have anywhere else booked), but I wouldnt recommend it - there are much nicer backpackers for around the same price. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The decor is dated, bathrooms are not the nicest and the whole place has a strange layout. We moved to another place the next night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Hi, Thank you for sharing a review of your recent visit. We apologize that you didn't enjoy your stay. We are taking your review seriously and are working hard to improve our hostel for our guests. Thank you for recognizing our staff, we are sure that once our renovations are complete, we will be one of the best hostels in Belfast.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I've been staying in Paddy's Palace in Belfast for two months, and I'll be staying here the whole summer. It is very well located in a nice student area and only a ten minute walk from the city center. There are very nice places to visit within a 5 minute walk such as the Botanic gardens and the Ulster Museum. There are also loads of very nice pubs nearby! The hostel has a nice lounge room where u can watch tv and meet up with new interesting people! I've had so many new friends during my stay here! The rooms are nice and theres a big kitchen where u can cook your own food it you want to. Breakfast is included in the price which is awesome! Paddy's might not be the most deluxe hostel in town, but it doesn't really matter because the athmosphere and the people make up for everything! This has been my home for a while now, and I have really enjoyed living in here. The absolute best thing about the hostel is the staff! I can't thank them enough! They made me feel very welcome from the start and they are always ready to help with any problems you might have. They made this place feel like home for me. I would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone looking for a cheap accommodation and a good time!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

It was so wonderful to have you staying with us! We love that you found a place you could call home in Belfast. We are so happy part of the reason you have stayed is our staff, we agree that they are pretty great! Le meas / with respect, Paddy's Palace Belfast