“reheated processed food”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“reheated processed food”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was here for lunch today for my grandmothers birthday. when our drinks were served the fizzy drinks came out already poured with no sign of the original bottle and did not taste like coca cola but a cheap non brand cola. the food was awful, chicken goujon starter would have been ok had the chicken been freshly prepared but it all appeared to have been fried several times making me think nothing is prepared freshly. staff tried to be helpful but nearly spilt soup over my sisters partner and forgot one of the starters. the place is cramped and old and smells strongly of stale alcohol and cleaning product. the main courses, lamb, turkey, roast beef all appeared to be the same meat and looked quite processed. the mash was lumpy and the roasties were not home made. I got a steak which I noticed had a odd taste off it and think it may have been left sitting out prior to cooking and that the cooking utensils are not being kept clean, there was a lot of crusty burnt bits on it. staff offered to comp our desserts but none of us could stomach another course. please is in serious need of a complete over haul and they need to reconsider there menu. £14.95 for four courses is very cheap and we now know why!

Visited June 2013

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Christening Party”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Came here for my cousins christening party which I was very impressed with. The drink was nice, the staff was great, entertainment was excellent and the food was gorgeous.

Kids all got a dinner and I have to say the food was goregous the kids dinner alone made me want to come back for more.

The bar staff was great, very attentive and the feel of the club was real nice.

Visited June 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Local steaks are fatty and place has an 80s/90s feel”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Whatever you order here, make sure it's not the local butcher's steaks. Our group ordered 3 steaks and all 3 had fatty streaks running through them. Made chewing very tough and unpleasant. Decor is tired too, very dated and not great. Maybe locals visit here as its close but there are much better eateries in the greater Belfast area.

Visited May 2013
Belfast
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Good family food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Have been a few times now for Mother's Day and Easter Sunday and have been very impressed with quality, presentation and service.4 course Sunday lunch for 14.95 is hard to beat.We had a lovely day on Easter Sunday and even though staff were busy they were always smiling and very obliging.Food came out piping hot and appeared very fresh.We have booked a few family occasions coming up in future and am sure the standard will be maintained.From the outside Mount Ober needs a revamp but fine and cosy inside.Thanks to Stephen and staff.

Visited March 2013
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Good family day out”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

lots to do just great family fun ! you can also have a meal here

Visited April 2012