“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Saphyre

Saphyre
Ranked #40 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: British, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

The food was first class! Better than the meal my husband and I had at le cirque in New York two weeks previously.tasting menu recommended. Service was excellent. Definitely my new favourite restaurant!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank KECNY

belfast city
“A delightful and creative venue...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

On this particular day( a treat for my birthday) I enjoyed my lunch.
But was also slightly disappointed. I felt there was not enough help from staff when we were ordering and the promise of what was described when ordered did not deliver on this day. I have not been back but would definitely give it another try and hope the food lives up to the grandeur of the decor .

Visited May 2014
4 Thank blowyourowntrumpet
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining at it's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined here recently to celebrate our wedding anniversary. What a beautiful restaurant, so intimate and plush. The service was impeccable with a knowledgeable maître D who was able to tell you all about the region your wine selection came from and serving staff who were polite and friendly in an unobtrusive way. The waitress bringing the food would inform you exactly what was on the plate and wow what plates of food they were. I had lobster to start , my husband had the Ulster Fry a fry like you have never seen before complete with black pudding croutons and potato bread espuma, so clever and witty and utterly delicious. We both had tournedos Rossini with foie gras for our main and it was divine.
I will definitely return soon cannot rate this restaurant highly enough. My only minor criticism was that from the front of the church building you really would have no idea that there was such a beautiful restaurant hidden inside and as hardcore rave music blared out from the speaker system outside you would be more inclined to think it might be a nightclub. We spoke to many different people last night as we enjoyed drinks in town and not one person had heard of Saphyre, knew where it was and most asked is that an Indian restaurant. I only mention this as I would love for the restaurant to be amazingly popular so it remains open.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank EatingIrons
Belfast, United Kingdom
“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We went there for my birthday! I have no words how good everything was. The food was a perfection. I had a rabbit terrine as my starter, and beef as my main. Beef was done MR and it was perfect. Desserts were a tiny piece of art! Lovely and so cute. Had a mini dougnut an all! Staff was friendly and helped me with my wines! Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Linda D
Belfast
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Had afternoon tea to celebrate friend retiring. The restaurant is beautiful,staff all friendly and professional. Highly recommend for special occasion. Can't wait for return visit.

• Visited August 2014