1,756 results
All reviews samson suite mini bar victoria square continental breakfast dvd player cathedral quarter car park reception area birthday treat comfy bed stayed one night central location hotel bar lovely room afternoon tea titanic museum leah
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2018

I organised a large group of people to stay here last weekend through the hotels events manager. Nothing was a hassle and emails were replied to so quickly and personably. When we arrived the manager on duty could not have done more for us. She kept our bags for us as we arrived very early and when we returned later that afternoon all our luggage was in our rooms already. Organising taxis throughout the afternoon, evening and next morning was done without a problem. Rooms were lovely and through general conversation the manager picked up on who the hen was and she was put into a fabulous room! Cannot fault the stay one bit! Will definitely be back as will others in the party!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
TinaWS326, General Manager at Malmaison Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2018

Thank you Vicky951 for your review.

It was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel and look after you during your stay.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

We stayed for a 2 night weekend break in Blefast. Check-in was effortless, the room ws fab, nice size, plenty of storgae, really cool decor and some nice touches with the Tassimo machine as well as a ketlle for tea/coffee.
Room was spotless, plenty of linen and toiletries.

The communal areas and staff were all top notch.
The bar is really nice for a few drinks, nice selection of cocktails, very comfortable and ambiant music.

The only letdown of the weekend for us was the breakfast. We decided to spend £2 extra each for a hot breakfast - honestly I think this is nonsense, the rooms are very expensive so I think it's a bit much having to pay extra to get a hot breakfast. I was really loooking forward to an Uslter fry with potato bread and soda bread, but neither were on the menu. The sausages are horrible (pork and leak) they taste like undercooked white pudding, not pleasant at all. On the second day I decided to go for waffles instead, they were overcooked( not quite burnt) very dry and impossibly sweet, I couldn't eat them. Also you get a very skimy amount of toast for 2 people.

Apart from breakfast it is a lovely hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you Orlaith B for your review.

So glad you had a great weekend but would like to apologise for the issue with breakfast on both mornings. We dont offer Soda bread or potato bread but certainly take that feedback on board. Our Chef has also addressed the issue of the sausages and waffles with our breakfast chef.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

Booked Malmaison as it was recommended in a NYT article a while back. Great central location, reasonable walking distance to Titanic Experience, nightlife, restaurants (Mourne Seafood bar). Malmaison does have a boutique, slightly funky vibe about it. We booked a larger room, plenty of space to stretch and relax. Nikki at the front desk is terrific - made our restaurant reservations, set up our black cab tour, and loads of other helpful information. Really appreciated the spacious bar/lounge, plenty of chairs and sofas for a relaxing drink and conversation. Be advised, the car park is not on site, but a short walk around the corner, 10 euro per 24-hour period.

Room tip: Rooms on higher floors will be more quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you J H for your review.

So glad you enjoyed your stay in Belfast and Malmaison and appreciate the feedback about Nikki.

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Last stayed here in June 2016. I liked this hotel but there are so many good hotels in Belfast I tend to stay elsewhere. The rooms are lovely (although I've not had air conditioning) and their mini bars outstanding. I prefer breakfast buffets and so waiting for food can be in issue if you have to leave by a certain time. I had a billing issue which took a couple of calls to sort out. It's also quite dark in the public areas.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you charlton69 for your review.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

I was recently staying on business for 2 weeks.. I asked for a room with a bath and was put in an attic room on 4th floor. Room was dark and celllike with only small window over the bed which did not close properly so there was a gale force wind blowing through. I asked at reception to have this checked and was told that evening it had been sorted but it had not. Room was still cold and draughty , and there was constant noise of trolleys in corridor at night. On checking out at end of first week I advised receptionist of issues and asked not to be put back on attic floor the following week. She apparently noted this down , but when I checked back in on Monday I was told I would be in 404. After refusing to go back to the attic I wad given a second floor room , however the plug didn’t fit the bath and the toilet didn’t flush properly,
On checking out I asked for invoice to be mailed to me for expenses claim , and then had to chase up when back at work as this was not done,
Not a cheap hotel so would have expected much better experienc/ service. Not going to stay there again!

Room tip: Do not let them give you an attic room
Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank lindaardill131

Thank you lindaardill131 for your review.