1,769 results
All reviews samson suite mini bar victoria square continental breakfast dvd player cathedral quarter car park reception area birthday treat comfy bed central location stayed one night hotel bar lovely room afternoon tea titanic museum leah
Selected filters
Reviewed February 9, 2018

Just back from Belfast after a one night stay at this great comfy hotel,Great friendly staff from the receptionist to the guys in the bar, nothing was too much trouble.Lovley cosy bar,a great range of drinks and cocktails.will defo be returning.

Room tip: 3rd floor very quiet.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TinaWS326, General Manager at Malmaison Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2018

Thank you Patsy72 for your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

I decided for my 50th birthday I would like to visit The Titanic Museum. My husband booked this hotel as a special surprise however we were very underwhelmed and disappointed with the hotel, room was very tired and in need of an update. Sink in the bathroom was cracked, top of loo seat damaged. I also found the hotel very oppressive. Breakfast was hit and miss. Sausages undercooked one morning, breakfast was mixed up with the table next to us the following morning. However the location was perfect for The Titanic Museum, Cathedral Quarter, great bars and restaurants. There are absolutely loads of new hotels being built at present in Belfast and to compete with these Malmaison is going to have to 'pull it's socks up'.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TinaWS326, General Manager at Malmaison Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

Thank you Crutey for your review.

I am sorry there were aspects of your stay that were disappointing. We have had a number of rooms recently refurbished with plans in place for the remaining rooms. I shall also address the issue with breakfast with the team.

Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I booked for the afternoon tea and when we turned up (there was 12 of us), they were surprised we were there and weren’t organised (even though I had called to confirm the booking!). After standing about for 20 minutes we asked what was going on and were told it would be 15 minutes before we were seated. We asked for seats elsewhere so they sent us to a board room and gave us a complimentary glass of prosecco.

When we were eventually taken to our table, the afternoon tea came out slowly and that was after prompting the waitress. We were all served in dribs and drabs. The tables were also split with half a wall in the middle so we weren’t sitting as a group.

The food was lovely and well presented however the service really let this hotel down. An hour and twenty minutes before everyone was served was really disappointing. I asked for money to be deducted from the bill, which was granted, however the duty manager didn’t even have the courtesy to come to apologise to our group. We won’t be back!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
TinaWS326, General Manager at Malmaison Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

Thank you ScotlandKam for your review, albeit disappointing.

I am so sorry that what should have been an enjoyable experience was not what was delivered. I was aware there was a delay getting to your table and there were other issues but the duty manager should have followed up to apologise and this is certainly something that I will address along with the other service issues.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

On the day we arrived we wanted to phone to find out about car parking options. We had two phone numbers, one didnt work and on the other we were left on hold for more than 5 mins on 3 separate occasions. We found car parking via the internet in the end. Upon arriving at the hotel they apologised for this which was ok. Then the next problem. When I booked I specifically went for breakfast included. On checking in they said it was only continental breakfast. No mention of this on booking.com or in the email confirmation. I was told we needed to pay only an extra 2 pounds for a 'hot' breakfast. This was all very Ryanair to me. I had already paid for breakfast but was now being charged again to have the breakfast. When I complained I was made feel like a scab as it was only 2 pounds extra. The money wasn't the issue here it was the fact that this had not been mentioned before now and it was an extra charge.

Ok so we decided that we would extend our stay in Belfast Sunday night too and we were offered a package deal called a Sunday stop over. We didn't book then and left it till Sunday morning. When we went for this package we were told by the receptionist that the package was no longer available. After leaving to have a think about it we returned later to get a different receptionist that offered the package again. They were a bit all over the place. You would expect the receptionists to be up to speed on what packages were available.

Next problem was the house cleaning. It was atrocious. They never cleaned the bathroom and there was dirty glasses and empty bottles in the room for the whole weekend. It was all very amateur. Add to this the cleanliness of the lobby. The carpet was dirty and the seating was very shabby and not in a chic way!

Finally, When we did have breakfast the service was poor as they seemed understaffed. The receptionist, who was confused about the packages was doubling up as a waitress and we were waiting for st least a half hour to be served.

Given the price of the hotel I would have expected much higher standard. And I absolutely hate the sneaky extra charges of the breakfast just left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially given the breakfast is very average and they charge 16 pounds for It!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank James O
TinaWS326, General Manager at Malmaison Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Thank you James O for your review.

I am so sorry there were issues with your stay and the level of service delivered was not up to standard. From the phone issue to the housekeeping standards and breakfast service, there are obviously areas of service that need addressed and this will be our priority.

Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 1 night. The hotel is in a great location, right beside Victoria Square. We found the room quiet, comfortable & clean. However the room was quite small compared to other hotels we have stayed in and the floor boards were creaky. We did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food. The bar area is very intimate & I like the dim lighting throughout the hotel. Overall would stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you magic-debz for your review.