“Great customer service”

Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Dublin,Ireland
“Great customer service”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Excellent customer service, nice decor, comfy beds, great location - what more could you ask for? We arrived late for breakfast one morning (entirely our fault, having misread the breakfast times) and although the staff were just finishing clearing away the breakfast bits they facilitated us by serving us breakfast in the bar. Excellent customer service. Would recommomend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa S, General Manager at Malmaison, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Choppers on Tour
Thank you very much for your comments, delighted that we looked after you so well and htank you for taking the time to write a review.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kind Regards
Mal Belfast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Ireland
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have stayed at Malmaison several times this past year and it was always faultless. However, I understand that you have just recently changed your policy regarding allowing dogs to accompany their owners. Can you confirm this? If that is the case I would like to know the reason for the change. Surely you must realise that in doing so you are excluding an important market. Dogs are family members and should be regarded as such by establishments such as your own.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear thecraics90
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor, I would be delighted to discuss your comments further with you, please do call on 0844 6930650.
Best Wishes
Lisa
Belfast Northern Ireland
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We have visited Malmaison many times and although it was overpriced for what we got we supported them because they welcomed our dog but now that they have indicated that they are no longer Dog Friendly we will not be giving them our custom with or without our dogs !

• Stayed January 2014
7 Thank scarlett70
Dear Scarlett70
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor, I would be more than happy to discuss with you in greater detail. Should you wish to discuss then please do call me on 0844 6930650.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Lisa
Craigavon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed here the Saturday before Christmas. My husband had upgraded our room which was lovely. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Ate in the restaurant in the evening . The restaurant although quite small was tastefully decorated . Again great service , food was ok . Breakfast in the morning was first class . Would certainly return . Ganny R

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived until we left we were not disappointed. However be aware there are tray and tip charges for room service on top of food charge. But as we had such a positive experience this did not spoil our stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I've stayed here several times and have nothing but positive things to write about this hotel. On this stay my party and I arrived slightly earlier than the 3pm check in time but our rooms were ready and waiting for us. Drinks in the bar were served by friendly staff who brought them out to us in the reception area without issue as bar was full. Rooms were spacious. Breakfast was lovely

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

OK; I was away with work for my partner's birthday so booked a romantic evening with dinner, bed & breakfast. The booking was made while away using my mobile Internet on my smartphone. Somehow, I managed to book the wrong night; Friday night when I was on the overnight ferry home & not Saturday night, when I wanted to stay.

Needless to say I was suitably embarrassed when we checked in on Saturday to be told my booking was for the previous evening! The booking was a non refundable no exchange booking. My fault; a stupid mistake & I held my hands up. The problem was the hotel was fully booked Saturday so I sat in reception trying to get an alternative on LateRooms.com.

The manager approached & said they'd a last minute cancellation & she would allow my Friday booking for Saturday. Such a relief.

We were looked after very well during our stay. The room was typically Mal. Dark & sultry. The bed was big & comfortable.

Dinner was a fixed menu with a reasonable selection of really good food. & we left the restaurant feeling well fed & well looked after.

The full irish breakfast the following morning was just what the Dr ordered & I don't think I ate again until dinner in the evening.

Check out was simple & the reception staff were charming & engaging.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay & the attentive staff dug me out of a hole. Thank you. We'll be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple