“Great property in Belfast - Central Location”
Review of Malmaison

Malmaison
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Brooklyn, New York
“Great property in Belfast - Central Location”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed one night in Belfast at the Malmaison and thought it was great choice.

Made the reservation through central booking and stayed in a standard room which thankfully was ready for an early check-in after a transatlantic flight. The use of a taxi is not needed as both the bus station, train station and local attractions are all within walking distance. All of the staff were friendly and extremely professional.

Our breakfast was inclusive of the room rate and included a good selection of both cook to order and buffet selections.

I am not sure what noise issues some other reviewers have mentioned but we were there on a Friday night and never experienced any noise or disruptions.

We highly recommend this property in Belfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SO T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here on business this past week. It was one of many hotels available and I selected it mainly because it's on the same street as my office.

The plus points: It's pretty easy to get to/from the City Airport as the 600 bus goes nearby and taxis are able to pull in right at the front. The staff are welcoming and friendly. It's tastefully decorated and comfortable. The breakfast was tasty and there was a wide choice of hot and cold food.

However, it is quite gloomy with low lighting and very dark wood everywhere. One could call it atmospheric, but sometimes you want a bright light. This wasn't restricted to the rooms - the lobby and lifts were the same. My room, 218, was at the end of a corridor so not much noise from people in the hall, but as the floors are wooden I could hear the guest upstairs padding about in the middle of the night. Also, despite double glazing, there was a lot of traffic noise and noise from people leaving city centre bars. It's an old building so I appreciate the need for wooden floors and windows, but I still had an interrupt

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on business for a change as I normally stay in the Europa or the Radisson. Location was fine, easy to find and handy for the city. The hotel seemed a triumph of style over substance - hard bed, sound proofing lacking from the room above, poor choice of TV channels and oh so dark. Buy some light bulbs!

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Malmaison in Belfast for three nights and found it to be a wonderful hotel with a genuine boutique style. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. They were friendly, helpful and informative and gave great recommendations fir local bars and restaurants. I asked if they could charge my iPod and sure enough a charger was delivered to our room whilst we were out. We didn't eat there but the bar is lovely and served lovely cocktails! My only criticism is that whilst the low lighting in the room is atmospheric it was too dark to apply my makeup. Could have done with option of one bright light.

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Have just retired from a weekend in Malmaison and I can honestly say we will never return. I know the decor is supposed to be dark, however I feel this is just to hide the dirt. I actually think I took an allergic reaction to something on the bed, and the bed was so hard I've hurt my neck.
Didn't sleep a wink on Sunday night, neither did my husband, and I rang in every hour with a bell tower clock.
Can't say much about the staff, they seemed friendly enough however we weren't asked if we enjoyed our stay as we would have told them there and then at that point. And £15 for breakfast ?????
The only good point was location, however having previously stayed in both the Radisson and The Fitzwilliam, these are the hotels we shall return to in the future.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank ShaunaL82
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel is lovely, bedrooms fabulous, breakfast very varied, nice relaxing bar attached to the hotel, only one criticism, bedroom and bathroom very dark, cannot find a bright light anywhere to apply make up, it may be that way so it's relaxing but no good if you need more lighting .

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Went to book in to the Ramada it was expensive in my view so walked along to Malmaison and it was actually £1 cheaper and included breakfast. The service was fantastic, breakfast was wonderful the room was warm and comfortable and Danielle was fabulous when we checked out. It was the service that the receptionist Danielle gave that made the difference, will definitely stay there next time I am in Belfast. Well done Malmaison and well done Danni!!

Stayed November 2012