“Disappointing”

Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
northern ireland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here as a birthday treat and check in was very friendly with Peter. Complimentary upgrade is offered if you book early so the room was a deluxe. Good sized room with all facilities although I did note that there were no robes and slippers which are some of the extras in a deluxe room!! Unfortunately, we had an issue with cleanliness in the room as I found some underwear below the seat I was sitting in. The room obviously had not been cleaned or checked properly. The duty manager apologised and sent some drinks up to the room but I have to say that this incident put a bit of a dampner on the whole experience. The room was uncomfortably warm and had a freestanding air conditioning unit plugged in which was extremely noisy all night. The dining room is not to my taste as even though I am of slight build I had to squeeze inbetween the table next to me to go to the buffet. There is a buffet with cereals and fruit etc and you order your hot breakfast at the table. The hot food was lovely but we had started on our extra orders of tea and coffee by the time it arrived at least 30 minutes later The dining staff were very attentive and courteous but the kitchen let them down. If the hotel reads this review they will be aware of the underwear problem but not have heard any of our other issues - this is because, on check out, we were not asked if we had enjoyed our stay!!! First time ever that I have not been asked by reception staff if everything was ok. The hotel lost an opportunity in my eyes to ensure we left with a good feeling about the Malmaison because let's face it , the accommodation wasn't cheap and we expected a higher level of service. Very disappointing

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank granny0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

As ever with the Malmaison, it delivered just what you would expect. Freindly staff and comfortable accommodation. It's handily placed between the city and the Titanic Quarter, just a five minutue walk from the city square.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Anglesey
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I happened upon this by chance as someone booked it for me. A cosy, interesting hotel with a really different dining experience whatever time of the day. The rooms were first class with different features.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
belfast
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Was my second stay here, as the first time the adjoining room had an all night party, but first class customer service as they offered my girlfriend and I a discounted second stay. First class service and hotel this time round (birthday card and chocolates as It was my girlfriends birthday, nice touch) and a card thanking us for giving them a second chance. Always knew that this was a great hotel and my first visit was just bad timing. Once again excellent hotel and first class staff. Handy to most night spots,bars and restaurants. Only slight negative is the pricey lobby bar but the décor more than makes up for it .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank srt89
Ireland
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel is one of a kind, its modern, funky and a bit freaky :) This hotel has to be stayed in to get what I mean, food is top notch, but it is the staff that make this hotel special, they are brilliant. You realy feel like a guest here and you do not have to ask, the staff here seem to know what you will want. A special mention to Shane, he is an ambassador for Malmaison, he just has one thing in mind, that is to keep his customers happy.

Room Tip: book a room at the back of the hotel ;)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RovingIrishMan
Comber, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Our daughters treated us to Sunday lunch and an overnight stay in the Samson suite.The food was fantastic and served by a very polite and professional lady called Elaine.The only downside was the price of the drinks but this would not stop us from returning,we are planning our next trip.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Monifieth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel is ultra Chic and has a cocktail list to die for....
My wife and I stayed here during a concert night at the Waterfront Theatre and were very impressed with the high levels of service, you are able to chose from a number of eating areas all offering good quality food, whilst washing it all down with any of a vast number of amazing cocktails.

Well recommended for theatre going folk and visitors to Belfast alike.

We would and will stop here again when an overnight in Belfast is required.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are quite close to bustling Belfast streets yet are well soundproofed, mind you we...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple