“Samson suite is worth a look!”
Review of Malmaison

Malmaison
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast
“Samson suite is worth a look!”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

A truly excellent suite, with enough space to entertain friends before heading out to many of the local restaurants for dinner. Includes a 7ft bed, a pool table, u-shaped sofa, 2 flatscreen tv's, ample closet space/dressing area and an impressive bathroom with 2 sinks, a walk in shower and roll-top bath. Some nice touches include snacks and toiletries. The suite is quietly perched on its own floor (although I think the other suite offered by the hotel is also on this floor, but don't quote me). City centre location with all the creature comforts you could ask for. The bar and dining facilities are excellent, but I would recommend venturing into the city for meals as there is a lot to choose from in the nearby Cathedral Quarter of the city.

Room Tip: Book in advance- this suite gets snapped up very quickly!
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Ashleigh I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Portrush, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I'll keep it short and simple.

From the rooms to the food to the bar to the staff, this hotel is simply amazing!! Full or character and fantastic attention to detail, it's like no hotel I've ever stayed in before.

Had a brilliant time and didn't want to leave. I wonder if they'd let me move in..........?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We were booked into this hotel by our son as a surprise during our visit to Belfast. We stayed for 3 nights from Sunday through to Tuesday covering the bank holiday weekend.

To say we were disappointed is an understatement. Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the bins and the building next door! The room was like a sauna, the curtains were fitted away from the wall so the security lights kept the room illuminated all night! The bed was rock hard and the pillows were hard too. There were no robes and the wash flannel was left and not exchanged for the three days we were there.

We only ate the breakfast during our stay but can confirm that it was massively overpriced and of meagre proportions! Belfast is famous for its cooked breakfasts but this was one well worth missing! Go to Benny and Jerrys over the road! Better quality and a much more reasonable price.

All in all a very disappointing stay and not one we will be repeating!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Davehrm
Wirral
Reviewed August 30, 2011

A nice looking hotel, extremely well decorated in a bit of a 'Transylvania' theme.
We arrived very early in the mroning, and the Check-in staff offered to call us when our room was avaialbe (10am), which was very decent.

Rooms are beautiful, and very spacious, with all the amenities expected.

TV didnt work, and guy on reception treated us like small children when we told him... "have you tried the TV button on the remote?"
TV was fixed by the time we got back to our room after a day out.

Breakfast is 'ordered' from the menu, and service took over an hour which is not a good start to the day. when it came, it was far from a 'full breakfast'. Lots of places within walking distance to get a fry up for a fraction of the price.

We needed to checkout at 8am on the sunday, so tried to get breakfast before then. However we were told breakfast could not be served before 8am at weekends.

Overall a nice looking building/interior let down by the breakfast.

Take a 'TaxiTrax' black cab tour of the 'troubles' sites.

£30 charge, but we were guided by Brian (our driver and a very interesting and entertaining guy) around the sites for more than 2.5 hours. The best way to see the bits of the city outside the centre.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary B
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I count myself privilege to have stayed at this hotel. I was a guest for 10nights in total and enjoyed everything about it. The service was first class from the minute I walked through the doors. The first night was a very warm night and I had a problem lifting the sash window and keeping it open, the duty manager arrived within minutes of my calling reception. Whilst attempting to fix the window he discovered I was to be a guest of the hotel for 10 nights and promptly offered me an upgraded room. An air-cooler and fan were placed in my room for the entire stay and my request to remove the quilt on the bed for a top sheet was also accommodated.
My room was serviced each day to impeccable standard. The restaurant and room service staff were friendly, efficient and unobtrusive.
The menu was of a good variety and at times innovative, do try the Black Pudding Sprig Rolls. The food was of a very high standard whether served in the restaurant or room-service and when I complimented the Chef to the waitress one evening the Chef graciously came out to thank me, discuss his menu and also offered to accommodate a more simpler meal selection should I wish as I was there for so long.
The reception staff were efficient, friendly and went the extra mile. The hotel is well located and has a nice bar albeit a little quiet at times.
I have also stayed at Malmaison in Birmingham and whilst I have no complaints about this hotel, it pales in comparison to Malmaison of Belfast.
All in all a very comfortable and satisfying stay if I ever return to Belfast it will be my number one choice of stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DebRags
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We visit Belfast regularly. Having stayed in Malmaison Belfast before, we knew it would be good. And although it's a little out of our price range normally, we managed to get an amazing last minute deal. Although our room was smaller than our previous visit (but we paid less, so expected this), it was in no way disappointing. From friendly check-in, to a comfortable bedroom with a luxurious bathroom, we had everything we needed.

Staff were consistently excellent and friendly, and the little touches around the hotel really make a difference (copies of the Independent, pillar candles everywhere, soft velvet etc). Good quality coffee in the room etc.

Although we didn't eat in the restaurant, we did have breakfast both days. On the first day, we went down and ate in the dining room - with an amazing full breakfast, or continental buffet, and endless, fresh choices. On the second day, I requested breakfast in our room (as the 10am breakfast close seemed a bit early for me), and it was delivered in a belted wicker basket, with a newspaper, and more delicious food than I knew what to do with. Wonderful.

My only slight grumble would be for breakfast to finish later than 10am, as I'm lazy when I'm not at work.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BlueFrock
Singapore
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Every time we go to Belfast we try to stay at this hotel. The hotel staff are very helpful, professional and welcoming. The interior decor is fab and the rooms are comfortable and luxurious, lovely cosmetics etc. The bar serves lovely cocktails and for your late owls, the residences bar stays open late. The breakfast is delicious, try the Eggs Benedict yum yum. Will be back soon, perfect hotel for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple