“Fantastic Grazing”

Ranked #88 of 1,147 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Graze RestaurantAt GrazeOur approach is simple.We have a passion for flavour, quality ingredients, and for creating an atmosphere that is comfortable, affordable and a haven for people who simply love food and drink. Laid-back and down to earth, Graze is part neighbourhood eatery and part elegant bistro. Soft lighting and an unexpected quirkiness encourage guests to settle in, get comfortable, and have a great time.
Reviewed November 28, 2013

''Grazed'' here at the weekend and ruddy loved it. The service was efficient yet relaxed and friendly, the team were happy to answer all the questions my girlfriend asks! The meal was great, well cooked with great flavours accompanied by a decent bottle of red. We never knew this place was here and will definitely be back.

4  Thank Wrobertson

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

A lovely new quirky and relaxed vibe with incredible tasty food! A yummy roast beef dins with all the trimmings, gorge cut of beef, amazing yorkshires, crispy roasties, veg & mash plus tempting desserts! Beautiful crumble with egg custard & a chocolate fondant to die for! A lovely chilled setting, will definitely be back for more delights!

3  Thank Emma M
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Took friends here for a meal on 23 November. We had booked which was helpful as the restaurant was busy all evening - tables full and some who arrived on speculation waiting for the chance of a free table. We booked for 7.15 pm and were immediately seated. Food was excellent. From the Goats Cheese starter to the Finnebogue Venison that three of us had, the food was superb. All the food was beautifully cooked and presented. It was also nice to get hot food on a hot plate. Nothing spoils a meal more than good food going rapidly cold on a cold plate! Service was spot on and staff were polite with a friendly approach. Atmosphere was very good without having to compete with overbearing background music. Looking around, any customers I could see were having an enjoyable night of good food and conversation. For a new restaurant in an area with a number of already well established restaurants, Graze seems to have entered the field at a high level. Keep it up guys!! We will be back.

2  Thank Nocucumber
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Finally made it into Graze for lunch today, seems to have been making waves in Trip Advisor. Alot of 1 and 2 time reviewers gives this an air of suspicion. But there are more than enough kosher reviewers to see why it has been making waves.

I after much deliberation ordered the duck confit starter and the cod and chorizo cassoulet. Ordered along side these, the USA Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from Crane Lakes. The duck confit with a mandarin, figs and pomegranite was well made meat fell simply away from the bone and the flavours went well. If i wanted to be critical, maybe a dressing with the salad to give some acidity.

The Cod and Chorizo Cassoulet came out and it looked the ticket. As good a piece of pan fried cod I will ever see. Nice looking dish with carrots and fennel dressing the dish. It is when you get into the cassoulet that this dish falls down. You are left playing hunt the chorizo, there is a meagre dice of chorizo in it but so small and so little it does not give any flavour. There appears to be chilli powder added to the dish which gives the dish too much heat for what it is meant to be. The flavour and spice of this cassoulet should be coming from the chorizo. A shame really.

The wine list is mediocre to say the least, looks like they mainly come from a Coleraine merchant whose list is lack lustre to say the least. It is definitely a couple of steps behind the food. It needs to be broadened as wines that have the same pedigree as the food introduced.

Service very good, they are very attentive without being in your face. Nice environment. Prices I think are very good. There is value to be had here. It is bistro food of a very good quality with decent ingredients. Once again I am in the enviable position of deciding whether I should put Average or Very good to a place where I feel is good.

Can definitely see this being a regular place to go to.

1  Thank Sean H
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Visited this new restaurant with two friends last night and we were greeted warmly at door. Maître D explained that table was not ready and they were running 15 mins behind. We were welcome to wait or go to bar next door for drink, which we did. On our return table was ready. Service throughout was slightly slow, but we were kept well informed at all stages (would be back to take order in two minutes etc). At least three menu options were unavailable which I felt was poor for 8.45pm on Friday night. Positives? Food, was exceptional. I had the sirloin which arrived, beautifully presented, hot and was cooked to perfection. My friends both enjoyed their meals of halibut and scallops. Reasonably priced & varied wine list. Excellent coffees to finish. I was particularly impressed with a younger member of staff who realised when clearing that my friend had not eaten all her food, and asked if it was alright? (It was!). Surprisingly, a second member of staff came over & apologised for the manner in which the first had addressed us! No need (& I felt quite strange). All staff clearly very eager to please. This became increasingly apparent as the restaurant quietened. Niggles to be addressed? Another member of staff needed, better food availability (although I imagine this can be tricky with fish). I'll be back in due course.

1  Thank Sara B