“Evening coffee”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Clean and fresh coffee shop with relaxed atmosphere. Friendly staff, good coffee and a place I will return to. Good option for evening chat and catch up with friends.

1  Thank Thomas L

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is an amazing little spot on the Ormeau Road. The staff are all extremely friendly without exception. I come here at least once a week for lunch, it is by far the nicest place on the Ormeau Rd, wether for a quick coffee or a drawn out lunch.
The sandwiches (made to order) are delicious. My favourite is the smoked turkey and ham - amazing, and no scrimping on fillings, it's hard to finish! All food comes extremely well presented, even the little kids portions.
The cakes are delicious, always fresh and again, huge portions! Perfect for sharing over a coffee.
The coffee shop also stays open nights, something you used to have to go to the Lisburn road or town to find, it the only place like this on the Ormeau road if you don't want to go to a bar.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

i visited this coffee shop on Sunday 3rd August. with my husband. I asked for 2 mocha which after sometime arrived at our table served in a glass you would put a soft drink in. The mocha was lukewarm and flat and not served with any cream. When i went pay the assistant asked if everything was ok? I told her the coffee was cold and I would have liked it served in a cup with cream. She offered the coffee for free, but I refused paid and left the shop feeling very disappointed. Would not recommend this shop.

orlamck, Owner at Boden Park Coffee Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Madam

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review for Boden Park Coffee Company, as a relatively new business we really do value all feedback!

As the owner of the coffee shop I am disappointed to read about your experience, I remember you coming in, I took your order, served the hot beverages and took your money on your departure.

The Caffee Mocha is like a Cafe Latte - based on espresso and hot milk but with added chocolate. This is traditionally served with chocolate powder but here at Boden Park we use a chocolate syrup which we find more rich in flavour and provides a higher quality drink. All of our baristas are expertly trained by our coffee supplier and the barista who was working yesterday has plenty of experience.

We serve our latte and mochas in a duralex glass which withholds the heat. We most certainly do not serve any hot beverages in a soft drink glass, however I do understand how this misunderstanding could occur as the two glasses do indeed look similar.

We often have requests by customers on how they like their coffee or hot drinks and indeed, some people do prefer their latte or mocha in a cup, wish to add cream or prefer their beverage extra hot - and we of course are happy to serve it this way!

I sincerely apologise that your coffee was not to your preference and I do hope you come and visit us again!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went here for breakfast. Probably not my best move. I ended up with a raspberry and white chocolate scone which was very dry and dense and my husband had a sweet chilli chicken panini (might have been a bagettue) at 10am. Choice really wasn't up to much.
I personally found it cold and uninviting.
Might be better for lunch.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I just had a sandwich from Boden Park and must say it was delicious. Very flavoursome and no scrimping on the filling. The structural integrity of the bread did leave a little to be desired as I got towards the end of the sandwich (it started falling apart) but this was partly due to the amount of filling (so no complaints here).