“Amazing Cake ”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I visited with a friend and thoroughly enjoyed the French apple tart and Mocha. Service was quick and staff very friendly. Only downside was place too white and noisy and was a bit 'oof!' at the bill.
I would be a regular customer for sure if they invested in a filter coffee machine.

Place is a winner though, Ormeau Park has been dying for a local coffee shop.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

At last, the cafe that the Ormeau Road has been crying out for. Chic, sleek, contemporary decor; excellent food, excellent service and a lively, cheery atmosphere combine to give this cafe the edge over all its competitors. And, by the way, the camomile tea is the best I have ever tasted anywhere!

1  Thank gawnawa
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I was happy to see a nice new coffee shop opening on the Ormeau Rd. Tried for the first time today. Service was good, the place was busy so was pleasantly surprised. Would like to see more gluten free savoury options. I have two criticisms, the tea was awful, it was cold and early grey. Also the floor desperately needed brushed as it was covered in food and crumbs.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I confess I am a repeat coffee shop offender. Initially, when I first visited Boden Park I felt the service was a little too relaxed but it was early days for the establishment so I pleasantly made this fact known to the staff and decide hot give it another go. Since then I have had many return visits, specifically for the yummy moorish, ( very filling,) gluten free chocolate cake and the service has been timely and friendly. The staff and the owner are very approachable and noted they welcomed my initial constructive criticism, the owner said she was happy for feedback from her customers as it was her wish to ensure Boden Park continued to evolve and maintain high standards in all aspects.Tonight 09/12/2013, there was a lovely atmosphere, as they hosted a Christmas event and the place was buzzing. So all I can say is give it a try and if you are displeased with any aspect tell the staff and offer them the opertunity to rectify the situation rather than just complaining on line and vowing not to return. In case you wonder why I have only given it four stars, this is because I personally would like to see more gluten free options, specifically savoury. I agree that the Ormeau road has long been in need of a coffee shop that opens after four and I am delighted for a reason to go to Tesco, just to get some GF choc' cake. Maybe see your there enjoy!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

this coffee shop is very clinical and lacking in atmosphere. it was also quite expensive. on the positive side the orange cake was lovely, as was the coffee and the homemade red lemonade.