“A little too clean but good for a pint”
Review of Morrison's Bar

Morrison's Bar
Ranked #241 of 1,155 Restaurants in Belfast
Reviewed March 27, 2014

If your looking to rub shoulders with the dock workers and x rebels of Belfast, don't bother. Sure, you get your pint and you can watch your football (soccer for all Americans) but as an experience your best bet is heading north of City Hall, into and past the Cathedral district. You'll get the gritty bits there, for sure. Having said that, it's an ok place if you have business with the BBC across the street or live at the Holiday Inn, also across the street and need some refreshments.

2  Thank AndyLA76

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Visited morrisons last evening after a boxing bout in the holiday inn...had an absolutely brilliant evening with old friends..until the evening end and after the normal drink up please, we did head towards the door and were talking with the door man (john) and amongst ourselves 2 ladies 1 guy.....john was asking us to leave, i ask for a plastic glass as i had a full vodka and redbull to drink, the waitress said there were none..i was standing beside the door staff (john) when 2 young ladies came back in, john told them they had to go but they completely talked over him saying they needed the bathroom and the dj was 'her friends boy' they went on upstairs....i said that they had compromised his position as he was asking us to leave yet they had just returned??....i genuinely did not mean any harm i stated the facts...the door staff (john) turned to me and said thats it!! Out now (he did swear).....he grabbed my hi ball but i said no give me a minute ill drink it, he said no your not...i would not let go of my glass and he didnt either, in my head i thought is this happening as his face was so cross, he realised i would not let go so he twisted my wrist quickly intentionally to throw my drink over the floor.....i said to the waitress he is out of order, she replied that we had ignored them earlier when clearing the bar...we were the last to leave but as a previous bar manager i know the ropes....the door staff (john) was out of order. Very disappointing end to an otherwise brilliant night...my wrist and thumb were achiing afterwards making me really cross...

1  Thank trisha1971
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This place had a great atmosphere when it was a spirit grocer themed bar, but they ripped all that out about 15 years ago and modernised it. Sometime after that I stopped going, they had ripped out all that made the place unique and gave it atmosphere. I met a friend there about a week ago and the lack of atmosphere brought it all back.....we stayed for one drink and moved on.....what happened, surely the owner must realise the make over didn't work?

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Comfortable and staffed by friendly efficient service staff Morrison's is a bustling bar that makes you feel welcome from start to finish.

2  Thank Jason L
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just as a pub should be - ornate with local interest. No frills - what you is what you get. Shame about screens showing football

2  Thank LichfieldSteve