“Wonderful espresso martini”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked online and this was very user friendly. The restaurant has a good atmosphere but there was a bit of a draught where I was sitting. We had espresso martinis while we were waiting and the were fab!!
We had the tandoori platter to share and it was excellent. Our mAins were a burger and the chicken and mushroom risotto, both of which were faultless.
My one observation is that the service is on the slow side but it is very good. We will go back soon

There are newer reviews for Flame

Reviewed November 23, 2013

i was here for dinner with two friends on a thursday evening. We had breads and dips to start which was fabulous. The bread was good rustic style and the dips were lovely. I had the duck with greens and as i thought it sounded small, i ordered chips as well. They really weren't needed though. The duck was beautiful and the greens were fresh and tasty. My friends ordered the risotto and fish goujons. The risotto did not look as good as the other dishes but was declared tasty all the same. We had no room for dessert. There was a great ambience and the service was also very good. I have been recommending it to all my friends since.

1  Thank carolsbelfast
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Booked dinner for my daughter's birthday. They asked whether or not it was a family celebration and we said yes but this was forgotten on the night. We were seated very close to a (warm air) aircon unit which was initially a blessing, as it was a cold night, but became a nuisance as the air was blowing straight down on us and the table beside us. We eventually got it sorted.

The starters (shared platter and goats cheese) and main courses (tandoori chicken, rib eye steak and lamb shank) that we chose were tasty. You need to order side dishes as they don't come with very much other than the meat. Two of us found room for pudding - there's no menu for it and so you have to go up to the counter to see what they have and then come back to the table to order - a strange arrangement. The puddings all looked great and we decided on sharing a rocky road gateaux and a raspberry roulade. The former was indeed great and the latter awful - hardly a raspberry in sight and the sponge was tasteless. Both came with huge dollops of whipped cream (easy to understand why Northern Ireland is 2nd in the list of heart attack capitals of the world) which were OTT and wasteful.

Main grip was the service - it was friendly enough but under-resourced given that it was a busy night - nearly 2.5 hours for three courses and coffee so I'd avoid this place if you're not in the mood for a long evening.

In fairness it's not been open long so they're bound to have a few teething problems. If they sort out the things I've mentioned they'll do well - the prices are decent value compared to most in the city centre.

1  Thank CarringtonWealth
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Had a very tasty lunch today in Flame. Nice surroundings and tables not too close together. We were very impressed and hope to return soon. Staff could not have been more helpful and service was excellent. It is very convenient to the Europa bus and train station.

Fish pie was full of flavour and came with a choice of two salads but I just felt salads didn't go with the piping hot pie. My friend chose the quiche which was delicious and served with salads. We did not have time for desserts but hope to try them next time.

I was unable to find their phone number before our visit and when I asked the waiter he said it was secret which seems a bit unusual.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Flame just opened three weeks. Proprietor previously owned Restaurant Victoria. We had no reservation and called on spec on a Saturday evening while on a visit to Belfast to see a show..
We were immediately welcomed and greeted, it was explained to us that they were just setting up table arrangements for the evening however given a few mins they could accomodate us, which they duly did.
Staff were very attentive, in fact service was first class. Menu offered a wide choice something to tempt any palette. As was the wine menu. Our food was excellent and beautifully served. Well worth a visit. we will return before Christmas.