“Superb hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on several occasions when visiting Belfast. It is very clean, comfortable, staff are excellent, location is next to city centre, not much to fault really. Didn't have breakfast, bar was charge only at night which was a bit of a pain.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,604)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Nice Hotel. Nice Area. Up there for a Bruce Springsteen gig. Check in was fine and no problem that it was 2 o clock. Taxi called and arrived within minutes. Free car parking. After concert a slightly strange thing was the bar service was but room only. So i had to have credit in my room account before i could sign for a drink. Breakfast the following morning was fine. Unspent credit was returned to card. Hotel is very modern. Room where great. Definitely a place to stay for a city break.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel is not to bad and the breakfast is nothing to special
Probably it is more of a business hotel. We were there for one night only and they gave us a disable room. We did not mind much but they could have told us. We are member of the Carlson club but we never had a great overall experience at the Radisson Blue

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My daughter and I spent two nights at the Radisson Blu (July 18, 19). We arrived before check-in time and were given a room immediately. Having traveled from LAX, that was a relief! Our room was large and clean; breakfast buffet offered anything one could wish for. Located only a short walk from City Center, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just spent 3 nights in the Radisson Blu, Belfast. Check in was fine and as the hotel had deducted the money from my credit card on booking with Bookings.com, which they should not have done, we were given a complimentary dinner in the REstaurant. On arrival, the receptionist asked if we wanted to eat there that night, a Friday night. I said no, we would eat there probably on Sunday. We had Springsteen to see on Saturday so I knew we would not be eating there that night. Sunday morning, I went to book the restaurant for that night and was told that the restaurant was closed on Sunday nights..... but we could eat in the bar if we wanted. I said No Thanks. ON returning to the hotel later that day I was told that we could have the Restaurant Menu in the Bar that night if we wanted and I though to myself, OK, 2 adults and 2 kids we can save at least £100 by doing this. Went to the bar at 7 and told the guy there that we were told we could have the restaurant menu in the bar. He looked at me blankly. Eventually the Maitre d' came over to me. Seemingly the restaurant is open for Tour groups but it is a set menu - 2 or three starters, a few mains and dessert. He handed me a couple of pages of printed menus and said we could choose from that or the bar menu. So we decided to order. Honestly, the food was not very good. Ceaser salad was disappointing. Penne Arrabiata was average. Chicken gougon was not good. Overall the hotel room was fantastic, the staff were friendly, the bar was so like an airport bar. Could we please have a bar with a bit of character. I would recommend this hotel but not the food. We had room only so cannot comment on the breakfast. We had some drinks with our dinner and when I got back to the room I got a phone call asking me to come down and sign for them.... seriously, I was not going to do a runner on that. They had my credit card. I hate to bash a hotel, don't think I am bashing this one but the food could have been better and would have appreciated being told on check in that the restaurant was closed on Sundays. I am in a hotel in Derry at the moment and wish I had the Air Conditioning that I totally appreciated in the Radisson Blu, Belfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I really like the place. As a gold member I've always been upgraded. Rooms are great. Pristine. Car park a tad dear, thankfully I've only stayed on business, but if your flying in for a weekend break and are not planning on not doing much driving, just taxi ride everything. It will probably work out much cheaper than the rental costs and parking fees.

I'm a top tier member up the road at the holiday inn, but I'd book this hotel over the HI every time.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My friend and I stayed one night here on our tour of Ireland. The hotel is well situated in Belfast, the staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are modern, clean and comfy. We did have an issue in our bathroom. The shower was stuck on HOT and we could not get it to work right. We called the desk and they sent a man to take a look and try to fix it but he could not. Their answer to our dilema was to clean the bathroom across the hall (the people had just left) and let us use it. This allowed me to shower that morning and I was happy with that, but nothing else was said about it by the staff. No offer of a discount and or free night. Just a quick apology and that was that. Maybe offers of discounts and or a free night are not normal ways of doing business in Northern Ireland? It would have been nice to be offered something considering how much we paid to stay there.

Overall, the hotel is very nice. The shower not working was a fluke and I don't hold it against the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends