“Comfort and Style With Space and Services”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 24, 2013

As with a lot of reviewers, we thought the location of this hotel perfect--close to the action, but far enough away to be quiet and get a good night's sleep. There must be a lot of difference in the rooms based on what some have said. We had a junior suite which faced the green and the pool for a wonderful view of old brick buildings. The sheers on the floor to ceiling windows were colorful red, purple, and brick and added a whimsical aspect to the room which we enjoyed.The room was a very good size with sofas, a chair, and a huge coffee table, There was plenty of space to store things and clothing and get rid of the suitcases. We were extremely comfortable in the space. The bathroom was large with a deep soaking tub as well as a shower. We thought the room was well worth the cost.

The restaurant had good variety on the menu and provided an attractive and tasty plate. We were really grateful for that when the weather turned really cold and nasty. The service staff in the restaurant and bar were terrific.

When we arrived, we smelled the weird tutti-frutti smell that some have mentioned as we got off the elevator and went to our room. It was overpowering. It smelled like the sprays some hotels use on the carpet to "make the room smell good" only it was much stronger. Fortunately, it dissipated over the course of our 5 nights there, and we never smelled it in the room.

We'd definitely return to this hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ontheroad4now
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your review - I'm glad you have had a great stay with us.
I also appreciate your comments about the air-fresheners. That is something we have installed just recently - these are automatic sprays and we haven't put them in for any particular reason, just to make the place smell nice...
Based on your comment we will actually take them away or reduce the amount of fragrance sprayed - so really appreciate your feedback on this.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes,
Jan

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had high expectations from this hotel, as on the whole the reviews are good.

Sadly, I felt very let down and felt the room was very basic and tired looking and was lacking style.

The room was very compact with no sense of luxury to it. The bedding was basic and flimsy and hardly fitted the bed. The colour was a dull faded brown which did not help to make the room feel any better. It felt very cheap and it wasn't somewhere where you want to spend time.
It felt as though the room was catered for one person, only 1 pair of slippers provided, a double bed with only 1 pillow each, and 1 solitary pillow dressing the bed. The tea and coffee supplies were meagre, and only broken biscuits were provided.

The worst experience for me was the smell from the drains in the bathroom, it smelt like raw sewage and seemed to permeate the room.

The standard of breakfast was no better. The bacon was either so fatty that it was hard to find any meat, or it was undercooked. Jugs of juices remained empty, even though the breakfast room was full. Croissants and pastries had run out and were not replenished.

All in all an experience I would not want to repeat, and was an expensive mistake.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here again
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luv2holidayinthesun

Thank you for your time and for posting the review. I am sorry we haven't impressed you. I assume you have stayed in one of our Nordic rooms - which area in very light colours although exactly the same as the other Urban style rooms - some guest find them not as attractive, but at the same time some of our guests prefer them due to the cooler feel. When it comes to breakfast - this is something I have followed up on straight away. We only use quality bacon (back bacon, not streaky) and the same applies to the rest of our breakfast buffet. Finally I'm really sorry about the drains in your room - I have followed up on your comment with our chief engineer - unfortunately the windy weather we have experienced in Belfast recently was a cause of that - as it sucked the water from the drains. The smell stops straight away once water runs through the drains again and blocks air coming through - I'm really sorry this happened during your stay, but would like to assure you that complaints of this nature are very rare.
I hope you'll give us another chance and we will see you in our hotel again.
Yours sincerely,
Jan Hanak

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great can't-do-enough-for-you front of house staff, very reasonable food, nice modern design. The rooms are of a good size and well-equipped - apart from the wardrobe that was clearly constructed by people who think that 6" deep should be enough for any garment to hang comfortably (it isn't). Sadly the quality of construction mean that noise insulation between rooms is poor: I spent two hours trying not to listen to the woman in the adjoining room hoot and cackle to her friend on the phone, followed by another hour of her room's TV being loud enough to disturb. Some of the decor is starting to look a little tired and grubby. Overall, it's Ok: like an upmarket Premier Inn but without the good night's sleep guarantee. I like Radisson Blu as a chain but I'd prefer thicker walls and no joining door that lets noise through in this example. The excellent staff deserve a better building.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TackleTart

Thank you very much for your review. I'm really sorry about the noise from the connected room next to you - it is something we are working on as at times the noise insulation with the connecting doors between the rooms is not the best - hopefully all will be fixed soon.
I'm glad you liked our staff and overall feel of our hotel - I hope we deserve bit more than upmarket Premier Inn - but appreciate your honest feedback.
I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and please do not hesitate to drop me an email before you next stay - my address is Jan.Hanak@RadissonBlu.com and I'll ensure you'll have a quiet (non-connecting) room allocated.
All the best,
Jan

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Several Ice hockey fans used this hockey as our base for the annual double header in Belfast.
Hotel was excellent, not too close to the night life to make it too noisey but not too far away to prevent the enjoyment of the night life. Everything was within easy walking distance or a very cheap taxi ride, depended upon how lazy you wanted to be or how many drinks you's been able to enjoy :) .
What I really liked about this hotel was that nothing was too much trouble provided you asked.
Rooms were very comfortable and breakfast was great will certainly be staying here again for next years annual trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great hotel,very close to all the attractions of Belfast,within walking distance of pubs and restaraunts,excellant food in the hotel itself.
Breakfast buffet was one of the best selections of food and drinks I have seen in quite a while.

Room Tip: watch the honor bar,mine was already raided when I arrived but they put the cans back in the fridge...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here the room and breakfast were good. The location is better than I expected and easy to get to/from the City Centre and/or the City Airport.

The only thing that seems to let it down was the first impression of the reception. The reception has a series of modern high bar type tables. All well and good except the reception staff have no where to put papers and files other than on the small table tops. The result? - a slightly scruffy/shabby appearance.

Having said this if they have special rates on next time I visit Belfast I will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EmLuc
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

my friend and i stayed two nights here last september whilst on a two night break in belfast.we found the hotel ideally situated in the centre of the city.we arrived early evening and check in was quick and efficient and the staff were polite and helpfull.the rooms were modern and comfortable and plenty of storage and all the facilities we needed.we didnt spend to much time in the hotel as we were busy doing the tourist stuff,but when we did it was a pleasent atmoshphere in nice surroundings.breakfast was excellent as was the service.would return again and reccomend to friends.

• Stayed: September 2012