“Block 6 on tour” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Block 6 on tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Several Ice hockey fans used this hockey as our base for the annual double header in Belfast.
Hotel was excellent, not too close to the night life to make it too noisey but not too far away to prevent the enjoyment of the night life. Everything was within easy walking distance or a very cheap taxi ride, depended upon how lazy you wanted to be or how many drinks you's been able to enjoy :) .
What I really liked about this hotel was that nothing was too much trouble provided you asked.
Rooms were very comfortable and breakfast was great will certainly be staying here again for next years annual trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Wilmington Mass.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great hotel,very close to all the attractions of Belfast,within walking distance of pubs and restaraunts,excellant food in the hotel itself.
Breakfast buffet was one of the best selections of food and drinks I have seen in quite a while.

Room Tip: watch the honor bar,mine was already raided when I arrived but they put the cans back in the fridge...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here the room and breakfast were good. The location is better than I expected and easy to get to/from the City Centre and/or the City Airport.

The only thing that seems to let it down was the first impression of the reception. The reception has a series of modern high bar type tables. All well and good except the reception staff have no where to put papers and files other than on the small table tops. The result? - a slightly scruffy/shabby appearance.

Having said this if they have special rates on next time I visit Belfast I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EmLuc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

my friend and i stayed two nights here last september whilst on a two night break in belfast.we found the hotel ideally situated in the centre of the city.we arrived early evening and check in was quick and efficient and the staff were polite and helpfull.the rooms were modern and comfortable and plenty of storage and all the facilities we needed.we didnt spend to much time in the hotel as we were busy doing the tourist stuff,but when we did it was a pleasent atmoshphere in nice surroundings.breakfast was excellent as was the service.would return again and reccomend to friends.

• Stayed September 2012
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I had a three night stay in this hotel whilst I was on a business trip in Belfast. It was the second Radisson Blu I had stayed in this week. The welcome was outstanding and the check in was very smoothly conducted in a lovely local accent. There were many accents around the hotel, some East European, some South European and some from even further afield. They were all a credit to the hotel, friendly, helpful and very efficient. I tried dining in the restaurant (Italian) and had a very generous and pretty fair Veal Milanese served by a very entertaining Italian waiter. I had room service that was as good as the restaurant and what was particularly commendable was that the person taking order gave me both an accurate delivery time (25 minutes) and made it clear there was a charge for the service.

The bedroom was comfortable and unusually for hotels of this type the climate control worked properly. The bed was in a slightly odd position being at an angle to the walls but it was comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. I could have done with a bit more cupboard space for three days clothes but otherwise the room was well appointed.

The function rooms were nicely laid out and the staff responsible came to check that everything was OK a few times during the day, water bottles were replaced at all breaks and a request for some extra equipment was met in just a few minutes.

I was already happy with my stay when I checked out but the icing on the cake was that I discovered I had left something in my room when I was on the way to the airport, I phoned the front office and they went to the room to check if it was there and then put it in a taxi, phoned me back to tell me this and then ensured that I and the taxi found each other at the airport. Above and beyond what might be expected of a mid-range hotel.

There were a couple of bad points, I had breakfast on three mornings and only on one was I offered tea or coffee before I had finished my food and that was when one of the waiting staff showed me to my table. Also, it seemed to take quite a bit of time to get served in the bar if sitting at a table but an approach to the bar got a swift and courteous response.

People moan about Eastern Europeans coming and taking jobs and it seems that the majority of staff in our hotels are not British but quite frankly the hotels are far better for this as the level of service is greatly improved. The Radisson isa nice mix of local and foreign staff and it works very well. Overall the staff were some of the best that I have encountered recently.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a quiet location, very friendly staff with very nice rooms. Lawrence was very helpful suggesting places to visit during our tour of the coast line. The room was very comfortable and clean.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with 2 friends last weekend. We absolutely loved the hotel, rooms are really comfortable and spacious and the ice-machine in the corridor beside the room is such a good idea!! Have to particularly mention a lovely girl on the front desk called Gemma. She could not have been more friendly and helpful to us, advising us on the best nightlife spots, the best tours to do. She instantly put us in a great mood when we arrived and made out stay all the better! Will definitely be making a return trip to the Radisson again!

• Stayed March 2013