“Mixed feelings”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Me and my best friend stayed here on the 22nd of January..
Up on check in the receptionist looked down on me and my friend, we both felt it..in the way she explained the authorisation of the credit card even though i had told her that i do not have it with me, maybe because we were younger guests and she felt we didnt understand, but im actually a post graduate of an honours degree in international hospitality and i felt that she should had acted differently.
The room was very spacious and had all the essentials. The bed sheets had some black marks on them. The shower was excellent.
We had dinner in the restaurant the service was exceptional and i would say to the level of a 5* hotel! The food was nice and reasonably priced.
When we returned to our room later that night there was a power cut and the television kept coming back on even when we turned it off, i rang reception and someone was up within minutes and fixed our issue.
In the morning at about 7am we were woken up by housekeeping staff being very noisy outside the room laughing and speaking very loudly, after we fell back asleep the same thing happened about 3 times and finally we just gave up trying to sleep.
Check out was efficient and the girl asked would we like our bags stored which was very nice.
The F&B staff were so polite and always smiling.
Overall the experience was pleasant and i would return again..also great location.

• Stayed: January 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,593)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The hotel is located in a great area, The Gassworks which is a 5-10 minute walk to Central station. We had a very spacious, contemporary room with divine toiletries. Wonderful staff, nothing was too much trouble. The head waitress at breakfast was particularly lovely and very hospitable. Fantastic Chinese restaurant very close to the hotel. If I had to make one negative comment it would be that I wished there was a pool & gym, it just surprises me that a hotel of this size doesn't have one. Other than that, fantastic in all areas!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Check in was efficient. The bar food was great and very good friendly service. The rooms are good, few small issues - heating fan is quite loud and woke me twice. The pillows and blanket weren't great, the blanket was quite small so I was happy I didn't have to share the bed. The water from the shower splashes over the edge of the bath but the shower was brilliant. The hair dryer is awful, and not sufficient for a person with long hair. I would recommend people to bring their own.

The breakfast was fabulous and service was brilliant. Service with a smile makes all the difference and that's what you get here. Roisin on reception was more than accommodating when we were booking dinner in town and booked the table and taxi for us. Here knowlegde of the area is very helpful to guests. Thank you Roisin!

All in all it was a perfect stay,

Room Tip: Try go business class if possible. Bring your own hair dryer and water for your bedroom.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This review is following two recent stays of a total of 5 nights in a business class room.

I like the hotel very much and will be sure to return should I visit Belfast in the future. My room was very clean, spacious and I was very comfortable during my stay.

The food was ok, nothing sensational, but spoilt slightly by the now commonplace £4.00 room service charge - or as I regard it, a loyalty tax!! They do have a nice idea to dine with other solo-traveller guests, but I chickened out - maybe next time?

Beware also the £9.75 a night charge to park, which is a really unpalatable loyalty tax, which incidentally is a reduced rate, but £9.75 too much in my humble opinion!

Decent & free wifi is well worth a mention, which is a Radisson staple ingredient, which I value very much.

1  Thank Dodgergammon
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed room only due to high price of breakfast! Nice stay though staff were stand off ish and unfriendly. Room was clean if slightly untidy lookin when we entered. All in all expected more for my money but no major complaints.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed for one night on friday 11th jan2013, very clean hotel staff helpful and proffesional, Got an excellent deal on secret rooms for £46 pounds bargain. bed was huge bathroom clean excellent view ,great city centre location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here in December to visit xmas markets at city hall and do some xmas shopping also. We had a nice stay, check-in was easy and we got upgraded because it was my wife's birthday and also got a free glass of champagne each which was nice touch.

The hotel is very convenient to city centre for anyone going shopping for weekend or sight seeing and the hotel is very clean and tidy and the staff very friendly.

There was a lot of xmas parties going on in hotel which was good as I would reckon that if there hadn't been then the hotel bar might have been quite quiet otherwise. Free wifi is great as are facilities in room. bed was large and very comfortable.

Breakfast wasn't great, and is very expensive for buffet type breakfast. Most of the food even though in hot containers is cold and the sausages weren't properly cooked and were entirely pink on one side and this was both mornings of our weekend stay. We didn't eat much of it and decided to head into city to get something instead, but for the price charged you would be expecting something much much better in quality.

There are no spa facilities in the hotel which you would expect of a hotel such as this which is disappointing. you have to leave the hotel to go to them I believe somewhere else which isn't what you want.

Overall we had a nice stay in a very convenient location to the shops for xmas shopping and would consider staying again.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can defo worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple