“Great quirky idea”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Was brought here by my brother who had raved about it so had to see what the fuss was all about.

I had the beef with meaty mustard sauce and a side of Mac and cheese. The beef was juicy and melted in my mouth, the sauce was delicious and really complimented the meet, the bap it came in was also excellent. The mac and cheese tasted as you would imagine, very nice but nothing special.

My brother had the pork with sticky bbq sauce with a side of meat Bon bons, he said it was all fantastic.

We found it all to be reasonably priced as it is a good amount of food which is served to you.

I just have two complaints about the place really, 1 the music is too loud, you have to raise your voice to almost shouting so the person next to you can hear, 2 they don't provide enough napkins.

Can't understand some of the bad reviews on here, I really enjoyed and will be back.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had lunch in Meat in a Bap earlier in the week. We went early, just after 12, as we'd seen the queues out into the street before and expected it to be busy. Service was quick, and it wasn't long before we were placing our order. I had the chicken in a bap, with house slaw; and G had beef in a bap with mac'n'cheese. There were still a few seats left, so we decided to eat in.

The food arrived quickly, on breadboards, not plates. The bap was generously filled, and I could see the sweet & sticky sauce I'd ordered on top of the chicken. The meat was warm, slighty dry and could have done with more sauce on it. The salad in the bap was good - fresh, crispy and worked well with the meat. And the bap was a nice, focaccia-style bread. The house slaw was too salty for my tastes. G's beef was very tasty: the smoky barbecue sauce was great, though the sandwich could have done with more sauce. The mac'n'cheese was quite bland.

The music wasn't so much background music as foreground music. It was blaring so we couldn't hear each other, and we were sitting across a small table. It would put me off sitting in again to eat - I like a bit of craic when I'm out for lunch with someone.

All-in-all it was an OK lunch, but there are other places that do this kind of food better, with a less intrusive soundtrack.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I can fully understand y they q in ther 100s for this place. I visited last nite an was completely overwhelmed by the whole concept I realy struggled to decide what to have 1ce I arrived at the hot counter with crispy brown skinned chicken an the pork with the crackling looked jus to die for but I opted for the beef Bap which came to me in a froccacha (sublime) an the bonbons. Now I understand what all the fuss is about the bonbons were absolutly stunning . Well done to whoever a behind this it's jus what Bedford St needed a must try for every1.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my sister for a hangover cure, the staff were really friendly. And when I asked questions about the menu the staff were very knowledgeable and help. I had the brisket, which was amazing. We also tryed the frickles which were very odd, but strangly delicious! The place was clean and tidy with a busy atmosphere. The food is prepared in front of you and the chefs were very neatly presented. I will defiantly be back for some more meat in a bap

Reviewed September 26, 2013

absolutely disguising never will we be back again felt sick staff were all dirty looking an dodgy looking may i add no defo give this place a miss kitchen was filthy as well by what we could see as we were sat near by :(

4  Thank scott2871