“Afternoon Tea”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My friend and I visited the Treat Boutique for afternoon tea and I have to say it really was a treat. The food was lovely and served very efficiently and by well-mannered and attentive staff. The selection of food and cake on offer was lovely, extremely enticing and tasted delicious. Would highly recommend for an afternoon treat in Belfast City Centre.

Treat B, Manager at Treat boutique, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We appreciate the kind words and are glad that you had an enjoyable experience during your afternoon tea.

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were looking for somewhere in Belfast to try afternoon tea and heard about the Treat Boutique online.
The service was good, though a little slow to start, but after that the staff were attentive and friendly.
The atmosphere was welcoming and the decor was a nice mix of modernity and coziness. I particularly liked all the cakes on display.
In terms of food, the afternoon tea was very nicely presented. There were a range of sandwiches to choose from, along with scones and clotted cream and jam, and a selection of nicely presented cakes and jelly. It may not have looked like a lot of food, but it was deceptively filling and tasted delicious.
We also had cupcakes to bring home. There was a good selection and the cakes were good quality but perhaps not as nice as some of the other cakes on offer.
Overall, a good experience and we would certainly go back.

Treat B, Manager at Treat boutique, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for the kind words and we are glad that you enjoyed your visit and the afternoon tea. We offer one of the most cost-efficient afternoon teas in Belfast at £15 per person and frequently run special offers such as a Valentine's special that we are currently working on.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I just love the Treat Boutique. From the first visit when I was served freshly basked (on the premises!) scones I knew it would become one of my favourite places to be in Belfast. The new shop in Wellington Place is just as inviting and welcoming as the former shop and I've been there 3 times since it opened. I don't usually eat in Belfast city centre because I'm very fussy about my food. If it's not as good or better than I could make in my own kitchen then I'm not happy but when I discovered the Treat Boutique well ..................... it's hard to stay away if I'm in the city. I bought my daughter a special offer voucher for afternoon tea for two and she gets to take away 4 cup cakes too, all included in a much discounted price. I am in the hospitality business and recommend the Treat Boutique to guests who come to stay from all over the globe. Oh! and my comment about the coffee is that it's always and consistently hot - just the way I love it, as is the soup. Go treat yourself!

Thank you Lesley for your kind comments. We do try to ensure that everything is as fresh as possible so that is why the scones are baked on premises every day. As you know, the coffee is probably the freshest in Belfast as it is handroasted by Bailies in the city and then delivered round to us where each cup is ground as it is ordered, rather than pre-prepared.

We hope that your daughter enjoys her experience for afternoon when she comes in!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Not just the perfect place to go for a treat my friend and I had a delicious lunch while on business in Belfast well worth a visit.

Treat B, Manager at Treat boutique, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your kind words, we're glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Visited this cafe with a few friends and our children, after having heard great reviews from work colleagues. Unfortunately, the level of customer service left me very disappointed.
As soon as we came in a lady wearing pink was standing behind the counter on her phone and completely ignored us! She walked off without uttering a 'hello' and sent another girl out to take our order. This was fine, although I did find it slightly rude.
What has prompted my comment is this. As we sat having our cupcakes the same lady came out onto the shop floor and was very loudly complaining as well as swearing and I couldn't believe it but she was STILL on her phone. Throughout the duration of our catch-up, this lady just stood on her phone having numerous conversation and texting. When she finally put the phone down she had a loud chat with a male member of staff who swore a lot. All in earshot of two young children who where with me and another customer who had a toddler in a pram also in earshot!!
On the whole, I felt that what looks like a very inviting and professional cafe was in fact very unprofessional! I can not however fault the cupcakes and drinks which we had, they were lovely.

1  Thank karen t
Treat B, Manager at Treat boutique, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I will be reviewing our footage on the day in question and speaking with the staff on duty regarding your experience and apologise on behalf of Treat Boutique.