“Nice quirky eatery” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peanuts Smokehouse Barbecue

Peanuts Smokehouse Barbecue
Ranked #524 of 1,040 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mouth Watering BBQ, as well as Burrito's, Taco's, Killer Burgers with over 30 toppings! Daily specials - Lasagna, fish & chips, chic goujons, And our Famous "All Day Breakfast/Fry" and you always get FREE REFILLS on Tea, Coffee & Home Made Lemonade!!
Belfast
“Nice quirky eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am totally baffled by the negative reviews on this page. I found peanuts to be a pleasant, no frills establishment that does exactly what it says on the tin. I think people have been very harsh in the other comments and they are obviously being snobs and must eat at all the "top end" restaurants in town.

I found the food to be tasty and loved the quirkiness of the baking tray (I thought it was really fun people need to stop being so stuck up)

Anyways my only negative is that £7 is a bit steep for lunch, I certainly wouldnt be able to go everyday (Although I wish I had the money to.) I would love for Peanuts to do a take away option for around a £5 and they would probably not see the back of me.

• Visited September 2013

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Tasty and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I visited Peanuts today for the first time and I can honestly say that my tastebuds are still watering :-)

The restaurant itself has a very quirky and relaxed interior and you are encouraged to throw your peanut wrappings on the floor which I thought was odd but hilarious at the same time. I felt the atmosphere was extremely plesant and relaxed - exactly what was needed for a working lunch with my friends.

LOVE LOVE LOVED the pulled pork and I cant wait to get back to Peanuts - maybe make it a Tuesday work ritual :-)

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NOTINKANSASANYMORE_9, Owner at Peanuts Smokehouse Barbecue, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for you kind words,,,Another customer who gets what the restaurant is all about and not afraid of somthing different,, see ya soon... I will pass your comments on to the chef and staff...
All the best,
Peanut
“Not an authentic experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Went with a Grabone voucher that my husband purchased. Had read some reviews warning against going. Anyway against advice, headed out for lunch. Oh....... My........ Goodness!!! The floor was covered in peanut shells. Apparently for authenticity!! Even my 2 yr old son knew there was something wrong with people throwing their shells on the floor!

My BBQ chicken arrived on a baking tray! The chicken was cold. However when i drew this to the owner's attention he was more than happy to heat it up! The chicken was classified as " pulled chicken" very odd in deed. My son ordered a hot dog. I was shocked to see it was one of those sausages from a glass jar. Needless to say he didn't eat it.

The tolilets, oh my word. They were outside!! You had to walk past the rear of the kitchen. This is when I discovered the freezer. Through the glass door it was obvious to see everything is frozen. That could explain the poor quality of the food.

Would not return. Not usually too hard to please but this was not what I expected from an American BBQ restaurant.

4 Thank Scatney
NOTINKANSASANYMORE_9, Owner at Peanuts Smokehouse Barbecue, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Heaven forbid anyone try and do somthing different around here.....This response is for the last four "reviews"... We have complimentary peanuts on the tables for customers to enjoy,, in southern BBQ restaurants in America the shells are put on the floor and swept up at night OK....Second,, the decor is a mismatch of furniture, with old tin roofing and barn wood,,, it is suppose to look this way....the only thing "Frozen is is Ice,hash browns and the fresh frozen corn on the cob as it is not always in season,, thats it!! Everything including the BBQ sauces are made fresh...

99% of the people who have eaten in our restaurant have left more than satisfied with the quality and portions,, many saying it is some of the best food they have ever eaten.

As we have stated before, if there is somthing that could be improved in the service or food quality "BRING IT UP WHEN YOU ARE IN THE RESTAURANT".... Thank you in advance...
“Not great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Not great, the meat is pretty good but nothing else really lives up to it. Fries average frozen French fries, cheap coleslaw, watched lemonade made with Asda smart price cordial. They need to look at the detail. Hope they do meat was good!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Suftum1
NOTINKANSASANYMORE_9, Owner at Peanuts Smokehouse Barbecue, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Suftum,

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience,, I can guarantee that everything we serve (except the heinz ketsup) is home made,, bbq sauces,,coleslaw, mac & cheese, potato salad, and especially the lemonade,, what you saw was probably a cordial being made for a child..
Come back and try us again,, you can use your tripadvisor name, I will remember it.
Look forward to seeing you soon,
Peanut...
“Good food and really friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My hubby, the two kids and I ate lunch here today and were really impressed. The staff were so friendly and the whole atmosphere was relaxed. Food came really quickly and was absolutely delicious. I got the ribs and my other half got the brisket. We were both really impressed the ribs were even better than they were at bubaque the last time I got them there. Will definitely be back