“not worth it”

Ranked #305 of 1,147 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mouth Watering BBQ, as well as Burrito's, Taco's, Killer Burgers with over 30 toppings! Daily specials - Lasagna, fish & chips, chic goujons, And our Famous "All Day Breakfast/Fry" and you always get FREE REFILLS on Tea, Coffee & Home Made Lemonade!!
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were so excited about coming here but so let down. I feel that it was because we were on a group on voucher. There is no way I would pay for 4 ribs @12.95 cos that's what we got. The sides are very small and a bit tasteless. I had 3 kids with me so along with my voucher I spent £11. Would not ever go there again. Kids food was overcooked and ribs were very fatty and full of tendons. What I did get was tasty but feel that cos groupon I didn't get full meal. I did like the interior and service but agree that toilet is undesirable.

3  Thank amg1974

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Wasn't going to write a review as the thing I'm least impressed about is the management responses although to be fair some of the comments are over harsh too. Was looking forward to trying this place and when a groupon came up I was well pleased. Went at lunchtime, quiet enough but getting busier during our meal. I liked the relaxed feel to this place and it has more room in it & parking compared to bubbaque in the town so thumbs up! Ordered 2 rib platters and was expecting fall of the bone ribs, we got what I think was lumps of pork belly, to be fair it was really tasty so no big worries, if I go again I'd like ribs tho! Sauces again where a little watery but I think this is easily resolved. Biscuit coleslaw & the rest was really good and overall I enjoyed my meal. Liked the quirkiness like peanuts on the ground, old furniture etc. Little needed in this place to improve my suggestions, ribs on the bone, thicken the sauces, make the beans taste a bit more BBQ, and a slight note to reviewers there is less on your platter than the other place mentioned but still plenty to feel full. I will definitly will go back.

1  Thank Itchyfeet76
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've been in a few times as I love the pulled pork:) I was glad to see the chef back from holiday yesterday as his food, as always, is top notch!!! To be honest, the food the younger one's made last week really wasn't quite as good.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Was in for lunch just after noon. no problems getting seated. Menu is comprehensive as far as traditional bbq joints go - brisket, pulled pork, pork ribs and chicken. Tried the pulled pork and brisket. Combined with the variety of sauces available on the table, I was pretty satisfied. Would be keen to know if they made their own sauce blend or if it is bought in. Would be keen to go back to try out the ribs. Keep up the good work - Belfast needs more venues like this. Dont be put off by the location or that it is housed in an industrial unit, the best bbq is frequently found in shacks around north america.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

From the moment I sat down, I was blown away by the warm welcoming atmosphere and the exciting ambience offered by this American dining experience. I enjoyed stepping out of our Belfast troubles and being transported into an authentic Southern USA smokehouse for one of the most pleasant hours I've spent in a long time!
As it was a birthday celebration, we ordered three platters of Bar-B-Q Chicken, Pulled Beef Brisket and Pulled Pork. The friendly, attentive waiting staff made us feel right at home, giving helpful advice for our party of six on what to expect as we shelled our free peanuts and casually tossed the shells on the floor in a quaint old Southern USA custom (the children really enjoyed this part!).
The food arrived in good time and was truly excellent. Each platter came with coleslaw, pickle, buttermilk biscuit, homemade fries and corn on the cob, so as you can guess, there was a mountain of food and a range of tastes to suit every palate. I must say the pulled beef lived up to its name, being wonderfully soft and easy to eat. It was great to have original meat rather than burgers, I just don't know how they do it for the price, wish I knew their secret!
For the middle of the table, we'd also ordered 12 hot wings, which came with ranch dressing and celery sticks. Very popular with the children and reasonably priced at £8.95.
The food was delicious and the whole atmosphere of casual dining really suited our birthday party group. We scoffed the lot! And hope to return sometime soon for more of that 'ole Southern hospitality!