“Good food, good location”
Review of Robinson & Cleaver - CLOSED

Robinson & Cleaver
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to this place with our friends. There were 6 of us in total. The place was buzzing and full of energy.

Our meals consisted of, scallops, pate, steak, chicken and fish specials. They were all perfectly presented and tasted as good as it looked.

We were very satisfied with our meals. The prices are the same as most places Belfast.

I would highly recommend this place and will be back visiting again very soon.

Food, atmosphere and staff were fantastic.

10/10

2  Thank Sam121185

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Location of Robinson and Cleaver is amazing and beautiful at night unfortunately the food really let's it down!!

Had three courses and a bottle of wine for two people and was pretty reasonably priced! However portions and flavours were a real let down!!

Scallops were minuscule, squid starter was pretty tasty, however both main courses were pretty standard chicken and steak!

I myself adore dessert and I'm usually pretty easily satisfied by this course! Again dessert options were limited.....

The entire meal lacked any real conviction and would not stand out in my mind as unique or particularly flavoursome!

Staff were absolutely wonderful very friendly and helpful! However R&C lacks personality!! Food was ok but there are plenty other establishments in belfast the offer way better food at similar prices!!

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We are lunch here yesterday and it's nice to see the old department store name used once again. The decor is very nice, modern line green leather upholstery with exposed brickwork.

The food was fine but it's a little over priced for what it is. Portions are a little on the small side, the vegetarian options are extremely limited. My partner felt the lamb he was served was dry and the soup was ok but nothing special.

Downstairs is more of a cake and coffee place, with lunches served upstairs.

It's a nice location and interior; the terrace will be lovely to sit on in the summer.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed an excellent evening meal here recently. The views towards City Hall were really nice as was the food. In fact, I liked it so much that I took a pal there for lunch the next day. We sat outside on the terrace. It was really nice. I ordered the steak sandwich and was very disappointed. Under cooked and please bear in mind that I actually enjoy a rare steak, but this was a step to far. The sandwich was topless so to speak and the bread was a hard and so thick it could not be bitten into. I had also ordered a coffee cocktail, a Saturday afternoon treat. This was the least cocktail like drink I've ever had. It came in a whiskey trumbler with so much ice I failed to taste the coffee. Overall, disappointing after such a good evening meal.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Me and my wife had a wonderful meal here on Saturday night. we both had the squid starter which was a 100 percent then for are main we had the lamb special which was perfectly cooked and everything on the plate just went so well together top class dinner finished with a lovely desert i would recommend anyone to give this place a try as we will be coming back for sure !