“Architecture, Antiquity and Attitudes.”
Review of Hidden Belfast

Hidden Belfast
Ranked #64 of 118 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: A one hour walking tour in Belfast City Centre uncovering the hidden gems both historic and recent in the city. The best thing about Belfast is the people and we cover the full range, ” Benevolence, Blackguards and Balloon Heads!” Informative, eye opening, engaging and good fun, we finish the tour with free coffee or tea. The perfect introduction to the city!
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This walking tour (with our talented guide Arthur) gave us an insightful look at Belfast and its people. Drawing our attention to the inconspicuous parts of the city which we would have otherwise passed by without noticing. Part information and part philosophy: Arthur made us feel like a couple of old friends he was showing around his home town.

1  Thank Shirley S

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We got a walking tour in Belfast on Sunday September 15th. It calls “Hidden Belfast walking tour”. Fantastic tour! Our guide Arthur was brilliant. He was very thorough with the history of Belfast. He didn’t just show us historic city center, he gave us good view from big City Hall to the invisible small spots. We were a small group of 4, so it allowed us to ask many questions. We would highly recommend this tour and it’s great value for money. Thanks Arthur!
Boris and Jane, USA.

1  Thank borisk32
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great tour! Nice to see the other side of Belfast and going places that as a tourist, I wouldn't enter myself. Definitely worth the time and the money!

1  Thank OrangeFr0g
Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a surprise! We do have a fascinating history other than the Troubles and the Titanic! Having lived in Belfast most of my life I was astounded by the amount of interesting and quirky facts I learned. Arthur was a very knowledgable and fun guide, and Raymond (author of Hidden Belfast) took me through the history of the smithfield area in addition to the tour. Its a must do for tourists to get a different view of Belfast's rich history and to discover some hidden gems. For locals it's a lesson on the lesser known facts of the city and a great look at places where you pass everyday but perhaps don't realise they're there. Even the cafe where we had our free cuppa at the end was a new discovery for me, full of ecletic art, vintage clothing and upstairs houses Terri Hooley's Good Vibrations record store. Next time you're in the city centre take an hour to experience this great value tour, well worth it!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was a tremendous tour, showing another side to Belfast. We covered areas I would not have known about otherwise, including the Entries and bit more in-depth history of Belfast prior to the 1900s. I'd say this was also one for the music lovers -- among the alternative sites we saw were the site of the Harp Bar, the pub where Snow Patrol performed their first gig, an astonishing mural of Van Morrison and other Northern Irish greats hidden down one of the Entries, the recording studio where The Undertones recorded Teenage Kicks, and of course, Good Vibrations record store itself. All this in one of the most entertaining hours of my life. Anyone with an interest in Belfast outside the usual Titanic and Troubles bus routes should do this tour.

1  Thank StK_Helen