“The way to see Belfast”
Review of Hidden Belfast

Hidden Belfast
Ranked #65 of 116 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: A one hour walking tour in Belfast City Centre uncovering the hidden gems both historic and recent in the city. The best thing about Belfast is the people and we cover the full range, ” Benevolence, Blackguards and Balloon Heads!” Informative, eye opening, engaging and good fun, we finish the tour with free coffee or tea. The perfect introduction to the city!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took two different tours on each of the two days I was in Belfast. The first was run by a big bus company, and they whizzed you through Belfast at lightning-speed, cracking jokes, and breeze, and alternating between the two t's of the tourism industry: the titanic and the troubles. While the tour took us through many different sights, the pace was very fast, and we were able to look quickly at many different sights without ever really seeing them. That kind of exposure to the city, I feel, is only really good if you want to tick off sights without learning much.

The Hidden Belfast tour takes a different approach. It is on foot so they are not able to rocket you from the shipyards to the murals. Instead, you are taken through the city center, and taught about the foundation of Belfast, and its rich history, a history much larger than those gaudier things that Belfast is associated with. I don't normally write reviews, but I thought it was important to voice my support of what Hidden Belfast is does, how they treat the city with dignity, and make you associate new things with the city. The tour from the day before really just illustrated and confirmed pre-existing associations, which has its limits and makes you feel like you are still looking at the city from the outside, even while you are in it. Tour Guide Nathan was very informative and agreeable. The tour is also cheap and ends with free coffee.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Found this by accident and it was GREAT! Although we have been to Belfast many ties, this tour took us to the inner part of Belfast and it's rich history that you would never find any other way. A special hour to see the underside of the city and how it came to be. A must do in Belfast!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This tour doesn't just show you the "popular sites," it gives you a well-rounded view, from as big as City Hall to the invisible back alleys and locals cafes. Tour guide Nathan was passionate about his city. He gave a lot of information, wasn't afraid to give his own thoughts, and even went over time to show us more. Definitely worth it.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were a small group of 6, wich allowed us to ask mamy questions. The guid introduced us to Belfast's main sights in the city centre but also showed us some hidden gems we would not have discovered otherwise. I can truly recommend it.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Belfast was just a little stop on our honeymoon cruiseship tour. Unfortunately we couldn't spent much time in this city. Turned out, it was the best idea ever to join Arthur on his hidden Belfast tour! A thrilling hour! And as a special honeymoon bonus, he performed a song on his guitar for us! It was awesome. Made my wife melt into tears :') Thank you so much!

UndertoneCity, Manager at Hidden Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

I remember you both well. I'm so pleased I helped you enjoy your day and I'm glad you enjoyed the song. I don't do it for everyone but a couple on honeymoon? It'll be a memory from Belfast which is good and positive and that's what we try and deliver. With all good wishes and blessings for your future happiness. Arthur