“An enjoyable night out”

Dining options: Reservations
Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland
“An enjoyable night out”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This seafood bar offers a great variety of different and unusual dishes that are not found in other seafood places around. Had a starter, main and dessert but didn't come away feeling stuffed as portions are quite small but felt totally satisfied as they were so delicious. To me that is more important.

• Visited July 2013

Derry, United Kingdom
“Good Food but drinks over priced and manager could be better”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Food was lovely but definitely too salty and portions too small - waitresses were very helpful and friendly and ordered a taxi for us when we finished our meal - when it hadn't turned up after 15mins I went back in to enquire and the manager on duty - Paul - gave the impression that it was a bother to him as we had already paid and were waiting outside - not great after sales - I had bought a gift voucher but I am sorry now that I did given his attitude - it wasn't the case that he was busy at that time. The wine is over priced and I think people should decide themselves on the tip.

• Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Almost Excellent”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Visited Deanes Seafood bar on a recent trip to Belfast. I really enjoyed the food however I felt the portion sizes were a little miserly at times, and ordering enough food to actually fill you up meant ordering extras which I always find disappointing.
My other gripe is that even though they call is a 'discretionary service charge' its already added into the bill, so you don't have the option to chose the amount of your tip/tip in cash. This seriously irritates me in any restaurant and its something that I will always be irritated by. (I understand doing this for large groups, but not for a couple)
Overall, the service is very good, the food is also interesting and delicious but I think the two above factors prohibit me from giving 5 stars.

• Visited June 2013