“Great location”

Ranked #26 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

From outside the hotel looks like you can rent rooms by the hour!
Once you get into the rooms they are fab. Newly decorated and very, very clean.

The breakfast is lovely too

Don't judge a book by the cover!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Joanne H
BotanicRest, Manager at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hi Joanne H,
It was a pleasure having you. We are please that you enjoyed your stay. Our door is always open so do call in if back in Belfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Thai first
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was in between rating this three and four stars. But given the price, it really does deserve four stars. It was our first time in Belfast. We drove straight from Dublin airport to the hotel. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was decent--you get several options. There is also street parking, which is a little difficult to maneuver-but two different staff members offered to move their cars for us. When calling in, I talked to Sergio and he was so friendly on the phone. We did not get to meet him. A few things to note: if you arrive early there is no one in reception. When booking, we did mention we were arriving early, but never gave an exact time. That was disappointing, because upon arrival (and check-out) we were greeted by the waitress who works in the restaurant. She was not very friendly, which immediately sent a bad vibe about the place. She also said the place was fully booked, so I was worried about our reservation. However, when we returned to check-in (at the normal check-in time) and we had a good experience with the staff who checked us in. This made me feel much better about our choice. The hotel was quiet, and was a quick walk to the city center. Definitely worth the price! I read all the reviews before booking, and am glad we chose this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Olivers1008
Hi Olivers1008,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry there was no one on reception when you arrived early. This is not normally the case as we are staffed 24/7. We are pleased that you found things to be satisfactory however when normal service resumed.
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Botanic rest is right beside Botanic station and is only a 10 minute walk from belfast centre. I was extremely pleased with how friendly all the staff were and what a great standard the rooms were in. The food was good and the wifi was great. We had no problems at all during my stay. The room was very modern, clean and was very nice. I will certainly come back next time I stay in Belfast!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jim546
Hi Jim,
We hope you are keeping well. It would be great to see you back again, are door is always open.
Best wishes
All the staff at BR.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I visited Belfast and the area with two other ladies. It was my first time visiting the island and the first time in years since I left the family at home. Refreshing!

We arrived at the B&B late and Sergio greeted us with a warm welcome. Somehow though, our reservation never got through and my friend who made the booking didn't think anything of it when she didn't receive a confirmation email after sending her credit card info. Louise, the co-owner/manager, then came to help us and while she tried to sort things out, we were ushered into their lovely lounge (which we would have gladly taken as a room if there's no room left ;)).

About 10 minutes later they found us a room at the Ibis hotel, which was about a 10 minute walk from the B&B, and a family room at Botanic for the next day at the same price as the triple (our initial booking was for a triple en-suite). Louise also offered us breakfast the next morning instead of eating at the Ibis, which we gratefully accepted. The exceptional service didn't stop there! Sergio and Louise offered to take us to the Ibis hotel!! Louise ended up taking us and we had a lovely chit-chat enroute to the Ibis. Once we got there, she even gave us her mobile just in case there's any other problem!

Louise, if you're reading this, the Ibis gave us lots of laughs. The room was great, clean and quite comfy but omg, no privacy whatsoever :D:D:D I am still laughing right now :)

Anyhow, back to the hotel... We came back around 8a and after putting our backpacks away in their spare room/storage area we went straight to breakfast. The lady, Patricia I think, helped us straight away and our hot food came quite quickly. I loved the continental + order style service. We could get as much or little drinks, sides and cereal as we wanted (I don't like waiting around for a coffee refill :)) and still get fresh cooked food. I had the omelette that morning and it was perfect! The room itself is quite spacious and there was nobody waiting around despite the B&B being fully booked.

After a whole day of sightseeing (Giant's Causeaway tour), we went back to the B&B and was escorted to our room. The room was fabulous! Very clean and spacious!! There was a tea/coffee making corner, a wardrobe and coat hanger, a hair dryer and the bathroom was sparkly! I did shower that evening (because none of us dared to shower at the Ibis ha ha ha) and the water was hot and the pressure just right (I know some you care about this bit!).

The location of the B&B is great. There are lots of restaurants on Botanic Rd, just a few steps away from the front door, and when I browsed TripAdvisor's reviews, many are rated really well. We took the tour (Allen's Tour) to the Giant's Causeaway and the tour office was just a 5 minutes walk away. We walked to the City Hall area and I think that was about a 15 minute walk. We were walking about close to midnight and felt really safe. The area between the Ibis and the B&B has a lot of clubs - there are two or three pubs on Botanic that looked hopping (our B&B was super quiet even though our room was right on the ground floor facing the road) and so on a weekend, there are plenty of nightlife. Since the B&B is around the university area, there are lots of cheap eats too. We took the taxi from the airport, Belfast International I think -- the further away one, and it's a £30 ride. On our return, Bree called a taxi for us and it was outside our door in less than five minutes!

An overall fantastic experience despite the initial glitch. Louise, you have a fantastic B&B and staff. We wish you lots of luck and I hope when I come back with my family, we can stay in one of your family rooms again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank keiraharford
Hi Keira
It was a pleasure to meet you all. I really enjoyed the laugh we had together. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and it would be pleasure to have any or all of you back for another laugh in the future.
Sergio says hi and passes on his regards also.
I hope you had a safe and pleasant journey home to your families.
Best wishes.
Lou
Northern Ireland
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a second time this year, this time on business. I can honestly say this place has the nicest, most helpful staff around. I stayed for 4 days and was personally greeted each day by the members of staff on shift. My room was excellent and nothing is too much trouble for these guys. I feel welcome, safe and at home here - will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Irish_Girl175
Hi Irish_Girl175
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am pleased we continue to meet your expectations for both business and pleasure purposes. I understand you may be in Belfast for a medium term stay in the New Year. Please contact us directly should you wish to stay and we will give you a rate reflective of the longer stay.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The manager (and the ads) told us that the breakfast would be a full irish fry... and it was only orange juice and toasts! Location and equipments are good but if you go there, make sure you don't pay for the breakfast!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Benjamin L
Hi Benjamin
Thank you for your review we value all feedback whether good or bad or as in your case mixed.
I am pleased you found the location and our facilities to be good but disappointed that Breakfast did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately our chef's wife unexpectedly went into labour just a couple of hours before breakfast. This was also at a time when our other chef was on holidays and not in the country. The staff on duty made the best of the situation but were unable to produce a cooked breakfast. I note you state in your review "Don't pay for breakfast." Our breakfast is currently complementary and we do not charge for it and did not charge yourself. Our booking terms also state that our complementary breakfast is a continental breakfast, however we virtually always offer a cooked breakfast which is complementary also. I believe that you were advised at check in that a cooked breakfast would be available as this is normally the case. The online booking channel which you booked through however clearly stated that a complementary continental breakfast would be offered. I also understand that you did not raise any concerns on the day and thus the staff did not have an opportunity to help meet your expectations. Should you wish to contact me directly regarding this, please call reception.
Kind regards
Colin.

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Shankbridge
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Ok This is the the second time reviewing this B&B the last time because of a few teething problems and issues that wasnt there fault I gave it quite a bad review but after chatting to the manager I said I would give it a second chance. Colin the manager works extremely hard and couldnt do enough for us and I wish him every success.
Firstly the room we where given this time was bright with modern decor. Patricia our waitress in the morning was very cheerful and helpfull. Although we had a complimentry stay the room rates are very good which also includes breakfast. The last time I did give this B&B a very harsh review but im so glad I gave it a second chance and I will be returning again. This time id highly reccommend this B&B to anyone whos looking for a friendly place to stay in a great location.
Thank-you Colin best wishes for the future and c u soon

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth S
BotanicRest, Manager at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi Elizabeth,
We are delighted you returned to Botanic Rest for a second stay following your first when we had just opened. Thank you kindly for the review and the well wishes. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Colin.