“Very pleasant comfortable stay!”
Review of Botanic Rest

Botanic Rest
Ranked #20 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
“Very pleasant comfortable stay!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The botanic rest was very warm and welcoming, staff were more than nice and did their best for me! The breakfast was lovely and plenty of it too. I only had an overnight stay due to business but would definitely keep it in mind for a family stay in future as there is plenty of room for families too.

1 Thank Rachd82
BotanicRest, Owner at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hi Rachd82,
Many thanks for your kind review. As your visit was a short one hopefully you will be able to return someday with your family and get to see Belfast. Just give us a call and we'll look after you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Thai first
The World
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at Botanic Rest during a recent visit to Belfast during the World Police & Fire Games in early August 2013. I arrived early in the morning and was offered refreshments in a large well-furnished lounge with comfortable couches and a big screen TV. I was also offered free and secure bag storage which I took advantage of and went out to see the sights. I arrived back at the B&B later that day in the afternoon and was quickly checked into a spacious and very clean well-furnished room with a double bed. I made use of the complimentary high-speed internet for a few hours then got a good night's sleep on a very comfortable bed. I awoke in the morning and ate the delicious complimentary breakfast that was served by a very friendly lady who made sure everything was to my liking. It was a great way to start a busy day of sightseeing. I was again offered free and secure bag storage for the day while I was sightseeing even though I wasn't staying the night there again. I took advantage of that again and asked the owners what was the best way to quickly see the entire city since my time in Belfast was limited. They recommended Allen’s bus tour and called a shuttle to take me to where the tour started free of charge. It was a great tour and I returned later that evening to retrieve my bags and catch the ferry to Isle of Man. I traveled around the UK for a month and half during this time and the Botanic Rest had the friendliest owners and staff by far. They really know how to take care of their customers and make them feel welcome. I would highly recommend Botanic Rest to anyone looking for a place to stay in Belfast and look forward to making another trip back there soon to stay there again myself.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BotanicRest, Owner at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Cameron!!!!!!
True to your word thank you firstly for your kind review. More importantly thank you for allowing us, albeit by chance, the opportunity to meet you and spend some time in your company. In the Brief existence of Botanic Rest you left an impression! Your name still gets mentioned daily (Today Tony was dealing with lost property and was returning a pair of sunglasses to their riteful owner... Your name got mentioned!!) and will continue to be mentioned for many years to come!
Trip Advisor do not do reviews of people... But... If they did we would be leaving one on you!!
I trust by this review that you have made it home safe & sound.
You made me two promises.... You have now kept one..... No doubt I will hear from you when you have read 'The book!' and kept the other.
Know matter what hand life deal's you just remember that you will always have 'Friend's' and a place to stay in Belast..... Even when all of Belfast including Botanic Rest is booked out with NO rooms available and you need accomadtion for a second night (I admire your honesty in saying you stayed one night at Botanic Rest!!)
Keep doing what you are doing and see the planet and it's people (or complicated bacteria lol!!!)
The universe willing we will see you at home in Vagas.
Stay in touch!!
Colin, Serg, Tony, Lou and all the team at Botanic Rest.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Botanic Rest is an ideal base to see lovely Belfast. In the university district, near the botanic gardens, and yet just a few minutes from the ferry it is comfortable, welcoming and friendly. Unlike other b&b's I have stayed in, this one felt like staying with really cool friends. The room was clean (and brand new, the b&b having only just reopened after serious refurbishment),the beds gloriously comfortable..and despite being so close to some excellent restaurants and night life, it was quiet. The lounge, with it's comfy sofas ranged around the tv, and tea and coffee making facilities (and fridge) is a stroke of genius, adding to the relaxed and informal atmosphere. Tony, Toby and Brie are a great team; helpful, kind, funny, and more than willing to go the extra mile (they even put a wash-load through for me when we got wet and muddy on a day in the hills!) I can also heartily recommend the restaurant next door - the food is delicious and they offer a discount to guests. Thank you for a fabulous start to our holiday - we have already recommended you to friends hoping to visit Belfast! (Sorry this is so late coming - we have only just this week arrived back in Scotland after our epic road-trip!) Yes - it was a brand new business still having some teething issues, but they really only served to highlight how good these people are at what they do. We'd definitely go back there - loved it! :o)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Louise L
BotanicRest, Manager at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hi Louise,
Many thanks for your kind words. It was a pleasure to have the three of you stay with us. I am glad you all enjoyed Botanic Rest, Belfast and Northern Ireland where there are many, many hills to slide down on your backside.
If you ever return we have requests for a fire eating demonstration!
Glad you all made it home in one piece!!
Armagh
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here during the recent World & Police Fire Games. Room was clean and recently decorated. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was good next morning and will stay here again when next in Belfast!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi ArmaghArmagh,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Botanic rest. We are pleased to have met your expectations and hope to welcome you again soon.
uk
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I came Belfast for Snow Patrol. Hotel was more than i imagine. I was seen by nice lady who nice as Hotel. She booked me in and gentleman carried our bags to room. The room was new and clean. We tired and we had tea and coffee in the lounge and sat down with people to find out it was not only us that were treated well. We even free lift to the concert. The breakfast delicious and all i saying is i will come again here if i visit Belfast.

Room Tip: New rooms very nice
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Carlos d,
It is pleasing to note that you enjoyed your stay as well as the concert. Only to happy to have left you off at the concert as you were running late. Do not hesitate to give us a call in the future should you be in need of somewhere to stay in Belfast.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I must start by saying that the last review seems a little unfair!! We stayed over the same period and at no point during our stay did the teething problems affect the high standard of cleanliness, comfort or hospitality that was offered at Botanic Rest.

We arrived at the b&b earlier than anticipated, however, we were welcomed into the lounge area and offered refreshments; the lounge was a lovely space to sit and relax after travelling and we were able to watch TV and access lots of information guides that were really helpful for planning what to see and do whilst in Belfast. The staff were extremely helpful in this area too offering plenty of information on places to visit/eat/drink.

We were able to leave our luggage whilst our room was prepared and returned later in the day to find that the room we had been allocated was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. Whilst the room we were given was not exactly as we had booked it did have ample space (and storage!) We were made aware that due to an error on a booking website that changes in room allocation had been made in attempt to accommodate everyone, with those who couldn't be accommodated being taken elsewhere, rather than being turned away or left stranded, which I personally, think is a reflection of the high level of customer care provided by the team at Botanic Rest.

After heading out to a gig we returned back to the b&b rather late on the first evening of our 2 night stay but we were still met with a warm and friendly welcome from the members of staff on duty and again we were offered refreshments before heading off to bed.

Upon waking from a great nights sleep (b&b is quiet despite the fantastic location and the mattresses are amazingly comfy!!) we went down to the dining room for a hearty Irish breakfast, which was delicious.

I cannot fault Botanic Rest, the team are clearly working very hard to get this relatively new business off the ground and to provide a high level of hospitality to all, they are a friendly bunch who seem to genuinely care about their guests.

Thank you to all at Botanic Rest, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Hope to stay here again in the future.

BotanicRest, Manager at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hi AlanaJ84,
Firstly thank you for defending us re the previous review. We are delighted you had a very different experience and enjoyed Botanic Rest and Belfast. If returning in the future you know where to come.
Shankbridge
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I can honestly say i have never stayed in a worse place in my life. I dont know who wrote the previous reviews but i wouldnt even call this a b&b.When we arrived we had to wait in a sitting room for about 45mins as the computers where down and could only get one room booked in at a time. I had gone outside to have a cigarette and the girl that had showed us into the sitting room was sitting outside on her fone having a cigarette also she was talking to some girls about all the mix up in the bookings and people where getting cross I really cant blame them as we spoke to another couple of partys who where transferred to dunsilly hotel.When we eventually got to our room it was a family room not the double unsuite we had booked when i said this to the gentleman he said he would try and change it or move us to dunsilly which is 3 miles from where we live ???? Anyway the family room was clean enough but there was nowhere to hang ur clothes no wardrobe nothing not even a coat hook we decided to make the best of it. Next morning breakfast was nice enough as was the lady who was taking orders and serving breakfast.We returned after being out all day went to our room and all our stuff was away in a panic we went down to reception and where told it had been moved to a double unsuite room and we where LUCKY we got it at the price we did as it should have been a lot more im sorry but £95.00 a night was by far way too much for this B&B anyway got to the room which was really nice but after I checked my stuff there were a couple of things missing so I went to the room we where moved from and got them myself they said they had put a note on our door to tell us but there was no note on our door and I dont think they should have been touching our property without saying so. When we checked out the lady asked if everything was ok and I told her no it wasnt so she is passing it on to the manager who she said would phone me. This is a newish business so i expect there to be a few problems but I would never stay here again and wouldnt recommend this place to anyone.

2 Thank Elizabeth S
Hi Elizabeth S.
Firstly thank you for your feedback. It is pleasing to note that having stayed at the Botanic Rest you felt our Rooms where ‘Clean and Nice, that the breakfast was nice, as was the staff member serving it. However it is disappointing to note that you were dissatisfied with other elements of your stay. Unfortunately you arrived at a time when we had discovered that an online travel agent had accidently overbooked us. This caused us significant difficulties which we were working hard to resolve when you arrived to check in. Believing you had booked a different room type to what was actually booked our staff worked hard to resolve the situation and get you the room type you were wanting, upgrading your booking to a family suite. Unfortunately this meant you had to wait in the lounge where you were offered tea, coffee and other refreshments. I have emailed a copy of the booking to confirm the actual room type booked.
On a day when there were no other available rooms in Belfast and it came to light that an online travel agent overbooked us, we immediately booked several rooms at the nearest available hotels. The only guest transfers which took place were for those who volunteered to be transferred. We offered you a Family Suite but stated that the following night you would have to relocate to a different room or alternatively stay in the room that was originally booked.
I understand that that the gentleman who made the booking and was appreciative of the efforts we went to for yourselves, requested we move your room contents to the new room when returning keys in the morning.
The wardrobe in the family room is spacious and built in. It is located in the hallway between the room and the ensuite bathroom.
I believe the staff at Botanic Rest dealt with you in an accommodating and professional manner at all times. We appreciate your feedback and take comfort from the positive reviews our other guests have gone out of their way to leave.
Should you wish to discuss this matter further please contact us at reception.

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels