“SS NOMADIC”

Book In Advance
More Info
$24.80*
and up
Titanic Belfast Entrance Ticket: Titanic Visitor Experience Including SS Nomadic
Ranked #12 of 230 things to do in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The SS Nomadic is known as Titanic's little sister. Built at the same time, by the same people, in the same Harland and Wolff shipyard as Titanic, Nomadic brought those boarding the great liner at Cherbourg to the ship. That was the start of an adventurous life, as she played a part in WW One and Two, carried many famous people to the great trans-Atlantic liners, became a floating restaurant in Paris and was saved from being scrapped by the people of Belfast.Now completely refurbished as a visitor attraction, you can walk in the footsteps of history, learn her story, and become part of the new chapter of her dramatic existence.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I visited the Nomadic recently, we had an interesting and enjoyable experience from buying the tickets to touring the boat, the staff were passionate about the Nomadic, and were friendly and very well informed. the boat has been beautifully restored with some of the original furniture remaining. We would thoroughly recommend visiting the Nomadic and would definitely go again

1  Thank Anne H
There are newer reviews for SS Nomadic

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This attraction hasn't been open long and hasn't been very well advertised, but what a wonderful little ship, we were greeted on the dockside by Ginny who welcomed us warmly and took us on board, she told us about the area in which we were standing and where to go when we had seen all of that area, unfortunately she had to leave us to greet others, but we finish our conversation when we were leaving the ship. In all areas of the ship there were other staff to tell you about the area you are in, and they all seem to passionate about their job and very knowledgeable.
My son engaged Liz in a conversation about the history of the ship (in which my son has a keen interest) And he was not disappointed, she answered all his questions and more.
Unfortunately many people seem to think it is part of the main Titanic Experience and just walk on, Its not their fault as there have not been allowed to put up any signage yet.
We found it a great place to spend some time ( In our case 3 hours)
A very big well done to all restorers and onboard staff.

1  Thank EssexBenjy
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is honestly one of the most interesting places I have ever been to, the ship itself is beautiful and carefully restored. I visited it several years ago before it had been restored and the difference is amazing. The tour guides are interesting, knowledgeable and really kind. (They let me blow the ships horn shush!!). Make sure you bring your camera as you will want loads of photographs! This is a hundred times better than Titanic Belfast and a seriously great attraction.

1  Thank Hannah G
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Having seen both the Titanic Exhibition and the Thompson Graving Dock,our trip to Nomadic closed the circle on our experience and was the icing on the cake. Worthwhile taking the time to explore and read the history of the Hamilton Dock exhibition outside before going aboard. Also worth the extra £1.50 for the audio narration machines. Take your time on the tour, no need to rush. Absorb the history. Staff were friendly and very well informed. A really good afternoon!

1  Thank Donna O
Reviewed September 4, 2013

To be honest, I had a somewhat unique experience here as my grandfather sailed on this ship to meet the Titanic. I was fortunate to meet with the resident "Titaniac." and tour the boat.
The interactive museum on board, was exceptional as were the docents who knew their material and clearly enjoyed working there. I would highly, highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank Trudie S