“Groupon Offer”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Giacomo's Pizza - CLOSED

Giacomo's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Groupon Offer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I visited this establishment having had a terrible experience with a group on offer in another restaurant. My mind was immediately put to rest, nice ambiance, attentive staff and a brilliant selection of food from main menu. £9.50 per head. With drinks and extra side order £30. Amazing. Very impressed and the food was delicious. It took us a while to find it so I would suggest that whoever takes the booking ensures customers know exactly were to park. But a brilliant experience. Thanks.

2 Thank Stevie3333

“Best pizza in Belfast!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Visited here with a friend recently. Lovely suroundings, excellent service and really great food. Really worth a visit for the pizza alone.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Sharkeykellie
London, United Kingdom
“weekend in Belfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Visited this restaurant on the 28/2/14 with my daughter, cousin and her daughter. We had a lovely evening food delicious came for the weekend from England. Would recommend the lasagne very good.

2 Thank ann c
Dundee, United Kingdom
“A little slice of Rome in the heart of Belfast....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My family and I had an exceptional meal in Giacomo's restaurant in February. The pizza was on par with pizza we had eaten in Pizzeria da Remo in Rome over Christmas (a very famous pizzeria which the locals flock to). The pasta dishes were fresh, cooked to perfection and complemented by a very tasty wine.
The option of gluten free dishes was a delight to those of us who can't take gluten - and also means that we now no longer have to rule out an italian dinner out.
And to top off an evening of indulgence, the cheesecake was a crowning glory - fresh, homemade and smothered in fruit. There was certainly no skimping on quality ingredients in this kitchen!!
A lovely touch was the friendliness of the staff, the waitresses were attentive without being pushy or hovering, the service was quick and efficient and nicest of all was that the head chef (and owner) came out to see the patrons and ask if there was anything that they could do to make your meal more enjoyable (really, there was nothing that could have made the night more of a sucess). The atmosphere in the restaurant was relaxed and welcoming, there is plenty of space and the decor is modern and enviting (an added bonus is the close proximity to Queens University Belfast and the excellent transport links into the heart of the city centre, just outside the door).
Overall, I can only commend the excellent food and service of this restaurant. I highly recommend it to visitors and natives alike (I certainly plan to go back next time I'm in Belfast).

2 Thank FionnualaMHinds
“Quite nice, but few things could be improved on...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Visited here last week. Was nice and fresh, however the dish missed the fresh basil that would have complimented the tomatoes nicely. The pizza was crisp and tasty and service was decent enough on the whole.
Think the place has got more potential and I wish it well. One thing that did leave a bit of a bad taste was the fact we weren't told that their card machine didn't work until I was paying at the very end. It meant me walking down the huge staircase and back up again in my stilettos as I had to go outside to withdraw money. This was far from ideal, particularly as I had to wait in the queue in the rain to withdraw the cash.
Hopefully they can iron out these little flaws as I think they have bags of promise in this restaurant. I also thought it was nice of the chef to take a dander out to welcome his guests to his restaurant and ask them if they were enjoying their food.

5 Thank Vickshill