“No more death by Dominos”
Review of Giacomo's Pizza - CLOSED

Giacomo's Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Our Friday night pizza takeaway is transformed. On Giacomo's website I noticed there was a takeaway menu. I phoned and the woman who answered apologised that it was pick up only at the moment, which to be honest I was expecting. We ordered two pizzas, two starters and a side, and we were told they could be picked up in 20 minutes. Twenty minutes later the pizzas were ready. Daughter loved her small chicken caesar salad and mozzarella sticks, which came in a really clever container that had a separate section for a side salad and a pot of fresh tomato dipping sauce. The pizzas were great, thin base and as people have said before, the freshest toppings ever including the tomato sauce! Huge portion of really fine tobacco onions, again in a really clever takeaway box. Can't wait to try other things from the menu.

There are newer reviews for Giacomo's Pizza

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went to Giacomo's for my daughters 17th birthday and I can only say that it was superb from start to finish. We were greated on arrival by a very friendly waitress and it turned out it was her first night, but she was great, very attentive and informative all night. We had 2 starters, both of which were excellent and then went for a mixture of pasta dishes and pizza to share for our main courses and again these werre excellent. The food is all cooked to order so takes slightly longer some other restaurants that just re-heat, but it is well worth the extra time. We couldn't find room for a desert all of which were home made and looked very tasty. The evening was topped off when we were paying our bill (which was very reasonable) the waitress discovered it was my daughter's birthday a disappeared into the kitchen, the chef and owner then arrived at our table to add his congats to my Daughter and told us a bit about himself and his journey to opening up the restaurant, a very charming and funny guy as well as being a great chef, who obviously has put a lot into making Giacomo;s the great place it is. The waitress then returned carrying a hot chocolate fudge cake complete with candle for my daughter, but thankfully with 4 spoons so we could all have a try and it was delicious. I can't speak highy enough of this place and the people, they made it a great night for us complete with great food. The people of Belfast need to discover and support this great addition to the restaurant scene, by far the best Italian I have eaten in for a very long time.

3  Thank Rusty1000
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I visited here last night with my boyfriend after hearing good reviews about it and , boy, we weren't disappointed! We walked in to be greated by a huge smile and shown to our table; the waitress asked us how we were and explained that it was her first night and she was a bit nervous so to bare with her, but we had no reason to be worried, as she was fantastic - plenty of chat and made sure everything was perfect for us.

As for the food, WOW!! We got the garlic bread pizza to start and it was amazing! Then we each got a pizza; both of which were clearly made with the freshest of ingredients!

I cannot recommend this place enough and will definitely be back!

1  Thank casbag
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Went here on the 4/09/13 with my Boyfriend after reading the great reviews on trip advisor- we were not disappointed. We ordered our drinks and were brought a menu, while deciding on what to have, the manager/chef came to say hello, lovely touch!! I went for the bruschetta for starters and a spicy pizza for my main. My bf chose the chicken and bacon pasta with pepper sauce and a pepperoni pizza for his main. The food was outstanding, really thin base pizza which lets you fit more in lol, I tasted his pasta and that was top notch also, would get that as a main when we go back!! While we were getting our main courses brought out to us the lovely chef came out and asked us did we want to sample one of the desserts which will be going onto the new menu after our meal........so glad we did, it was a gorgeous rhubarb and custard cheesecake with a hob nob base with a raspberry sauce along with ice cream (massive portion), my bf doesn't even like cheesecake and he ate it all...it was delish.....we went to the cinema after and couldn't move lol...all in all a lovely meal with great attentiveness. Will definitely be going back soon....there is plenty more on the menu that we cant wait to try.

1  Thank laurenwatt1987
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to this restaurant because of the reviews on trip advisor.it was a birthday treat at the end of August. However we were disappointed the service was so slow. We waited about 40 minutes for our starter and another at least another 40 for our main course . We were told the reason was that the kitchen was backed up because so many people ordered pizza. The restaurant was not even 1/3 full! Although we got a good reduction in the bill and the food was good when it did eventually we will not be back.

1  Thank MoandTo