“Poor service and disappointing food. Strong smell of fat pervaded restaurant.”

The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli
Ranked #203 of 1,087 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We at the Knife and Fork are proud to serve locally sourced produce because we are passionate about putting the best possible food under your knife and fork. We take reservations, our chefs table must be booked in advance due to demand. We have private dining facilities for parties of 15 and under. Please feel free to visit our website for further information.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

There are such good restaurants close to this one. We tried them. This was so poor in comparison. A horrid smell of fat when we arrived, plus staff more interested in clearing and relaying tables than in welcoming us. Being Sunday, I chose the roast beef dinner. I got several thin slices of school-dinner like grey beef with little flavour plus poor veg (deep fried roast potatoes?) and no green veg - a strand of watercress does not count. A good country pub would have served a proper roast with blood-red beef and quality veg at half the price.

1  Thank paulsutherland
guesteur, Manager at The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear paulsutherland

My sincere apologies for not replying to this sooner. I am really sorry to hear that your meal was not near the standards we endeavour to provide. Please contact me directly on rtaylor@malonelodgehotel.com if you wish to discuss further.

I look forward to hearing from you

There are newer reviews for The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli

Reviewed September 19, 2013

What a bargain - 5 sublime courses and 6 wines for only £40!! The wines were amazing and from the Kiwi winery Little Beauty. The speaker Fleur McCree was the part owner of the winery! She was bubbly and great fun. The courses which were matched to the wines were really impressive, a lot of thought had gone into these dishes......this was a dream-like culinary experience!
If this had been in England you could add £100 to the price!!

4  Thank belfastfoodfreak

Dear belfastfoodfreak

Many many thanks for your wonderful review. It was a real coup for us to have such a prestigious wine on show in the restaurant. Fleur was a great speaker and the wines matched the food beautifully. We hope to have another one soon.

I am happy to say that our chefs are burning the midnight oil to plan the next menu, and so off their creative flare.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Really lovely food, excellent service and reasonable prices. Our waiter was attentive and friendly without being over bearing. He was happy to advise us on wine. When I mentioned it was my birthday, my desert arrived with "Happy Birthday" piped on it, but blessedly no fanfare! Will definitely be back, particuarly if there's a special occasion.

4  Thank BelfastAussie_9

Dear BelfastAussie_9

Happy Birthday again. I am so glad to hear that both the food and service impressed you so much.

The Knife and Fork love creating the exceptional and on this occasion I believe that we delivered. Glad to hear also that our wine knowledge was up to scratch.

Do come and see us again, we would love to see you to.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I were staying at the Malone Lodge and this was an awesome place. The food and service was five stars! Prices were so reasonable and the food quality fantastic!

4  Thank marieryan

Dear marieryan

Many thanks for such a great review, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Knife & Fork.

Thank you also for such a great comment on the service. The team in the restaurant really appreciate you feedback.

Next time your in Belfast do come and see us, we would love to see you.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've been in for lunch several times and the food is just superb. The Deli lunch has your plate piled high with food (not left feeling hungry).
The staff are so friendly and helpful and make sure you are well looked after which is always a treat.
Definitely be back, as I have already returned many times.

5  Thank steff d

Dear steff d

Thanks for the lunch review. We have put a lot of effort into our deli offering, we want to provide something different at lunch, and I am so glad to hear that you approve.

Watch our Facebook page for more information and offers, it would be great to see you again.