“excellant will be here again”

RBG Bar and Grill Belfast
Ranked #208 of 1,052 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: RBG Bar & Grill - Belfast at the Park Inn by Radisson Belfast Hotel serves a superb selection of international and regional bar meals and snacks. In chic, New York inspired surroundings, the menu offers everything from chicken tikka masala to burgers to Irish stew. A beer garden, terrace, and private mezzanine are also available.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“excellant will be here again”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I visited RBG Bar and Grill for his Birthday as I had a voucher deal and we were highly delighted with the food and would recommend a visit. The only down side was the service could be better and communication between the staff was poor but overall value for money

• Visited December 2013
DOBelfast, Manager at RBG Bar and Grill Belfast, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for dining with us and taking the time to review our performance.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the meal and appreciate the feedback on service.

Hope to see you back soon

Belfast
“A bit of a farce”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hotel restaurants aren’t usually on my list of places to go for a bite to eat, being that they’re usually decidedly second-rate, however we got a pretty good deal for RBG Grill on a voucher deal.

Despite it being a Friday night and the bar being packed, the restaurant area was empty aside from ourselves, surely a sign in itself. The deal was a sharing platter to start followed by a burger and chips each. After 30 minutes, our burgers arrived. Well, they called it a burger… my partner’s “haddock burger” was a full-length battered fish in a bap, hard to eat and just well… weird.

We pointed out to the waitress that our deal specified that there was supposed to be a sharing platter starter. She was clearly a new member of staff and was fretting quite a lot, visibly upset and apologising profusely. We said it wasn’t a problem and if nobody had told her it was hardly her fault, we felt very sorry for her.

Shortly afterwards the sharing platter arrived – the “cocktail sausages” were in fact full-size cheap sausages, the kind you would get in a greasy spoon for breakfast. Again, a bit weird. The chicken wings were gorgeous, I think they’d been fried in bacon fat. Everything else was unexceptional and because of the timing issues, we had a table with far too much food on which we had to rush to eat so it didn’t get cold. My burger was fine but you would really expect to get home-cooked chips in somewhere calling itself a grill rather than the clearly frozen ones we received which were very dry. As I said, the deal was good, but if I’d have paid the full £10 I’d have been furious.

To their credit, the staff gave us a free drink each to apologise but we still ended up with an incorrect bill at the end, another awkward moment. I feel a bit guilty giving 2 stars as the staff were genuinely lovely but I can’t in all honesty call this place ‘average’ because it’s not. It’s poor. We won’t be back.

• Visited August 2013
DOBelfast, Manager at RBG Bar and Grill Belfast, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Rubyglittershoes
Thank you for taking the time to review us and for taking advantage of a meal deal. I am glad that you found our staff to be nice and friendly, they are a great bunch.
We really appreciate your feedback and you are quite right that our menu at the time was not what we were aiming for. During August we lost our long term Head Chef and made radical changes to our team. Sadly you must have visited during the transition.

With that in mind we have fully reviewed our food offering in terms of lunch and dinner menus and have a new team in the kitchen.

Please feel free to check our new menus on http://www.rbggrill.com/restaurantbelfast

The changes are significant and our recent reviews show that the public are enjoying our shake up.

I am hopeful that you will change your mind and give us another chance, I believe you would see the difference straight away.
Kind Regards

Director of Operations
Ireland
“comfy bar, with good atmosphere”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

to be attached to a hotel, great atmosphere, nothing clinically, great choice of beers and food excellent.

Visited November 2013
DOBelfast, Director of Operations at RBG Bar and Grill Belfast, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear merrymcsherry

Thank you for the lovely review.

See you again soon

Connecticut
“Nice rest spot after a busy day in the City!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Located inside the Park Inn Radisson. This establishment offers great food and drink at reasonable prices. We highly recommend the Burgers and Soups. As well the the breakfast buffet in the morning which is included in your stay.

• Visited November 2013
“K wardle”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Great food lovely welcoming staff and great atmosphere . My first visit to belfast and was not sure were to go for dinner but found this gem of a place.