“Enjoyable visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I ate here with my wife and 2 daughters (21 and 4) on the first Saturday after Christmas. Because it was so busy in Victoria Square I was prepared for the worst although we had booked a table. It was busy but not as bad as I had expected and, because we were slightly earlier than planned, we had to wait 5 minutes for a table.

I was a bit worried about the service having read other reviews but it was very good from the minute that we were shown to our table until we left. An elderly gentleman fell and the staff dealt with it very well although it didn't appear to have been Prezzo's fault.

We had eaten in a number of other Prezzos so there was no suprise that the food was of a decent standard (especially for a chain). The prawn starter was particularly good and the 4 different mains (2 pasta, 1 pizza and a grilled chicken) were all good. The deserts weren't bad either and were generous portions.

All in all an enjoyable meal and we will definitely be returning.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Visited here on Mon 30th Dec, as Victoria Square was packed and we couldnt get into Frankie and Bennys (Now i wish id queued.) When first arrived took about 3/4 mins for anyone to come near us, let it go when the girl came over and told us there was 10 min wait which was fine. She rudely then came over and told us to 'Come now' to the table she had for us. Went to table, menus thrown at us. Then another girl came over and asked to take our drinks order, again when they arrived the girl just set them on the table and expected my friend sittitng closest to her to dispense them to everyone, now excuse me if im wrong but is it not a waitresses duty to hand out these. She had the same attitude when we were ordering food, had no salmon much to the dissapointment of one of my friends - and she was told she would just have to take something else. Im highly dissapointed with this place and i certinatley wont be back. Overpriced for the absolute muck I ate too. Avoid !

1  Thank irishbabe09
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Tried here after a mornings shopping with my better half, the other chain restaurants around the Prezzo just didn't appeal so Italian won. Very modern decor and relaxing atmosphere, food was top notch for the two courses that we had. Battered mushrooms and crab cakes for starters both well presented and very tasty , chicken ravioli and a salmon pasta dish for mains also delicious have made a good impression on this customer, l will return !

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I popped in on Boxing Day for some lunch after enjoying the prezzo in Glasgow although the Belfast one is less than a quarter of the size.

However busy they were (seemed only 3) we had a nice relaxing meal seated down the back of the restaurant , our server (lady with short brown hair) was really good and quite quick considering there wasn't many of them working

For food we had crab cakes which my friend says they were quite good and I had the bruschetta nice but I would prefer the tomatoes chopped up and a bit more onion but that's just my preference. Mains were ; chicken ravioli - friend said it was lovely but near the end quite sickening as it was soo rich, mine was a lobster and crab linguini which was lovely and would have ate another one , server offered us Parmesan which we took , we shared a dessert of profiteroles which were different from the normal , did sorta taste defrosted with the chocolate moose in the inside , only thing that bugged me was the "selection of tea" which turned out to actually be an option of 2

All in all I would return again

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I went with my daughter to get a nice pizza. It was not very busy on that Wednesday night. The décor looked lovely but it was all downhill from there. We ordered some breads to enjoy while we waited on our pizza but they took 20 mins to arrive and the server never once made eye contact with us. He was rushing about although what for beats me? Some time later I asked if our meal was ready and the gentleman hardly stopped and told me as he ran by that it was coming. A man who came into the restaurant some time after us was served his starter and main quite quickly? Don't understand? The pizza finally arrived and it was ok though not very warm. I counted 7 tables still waiting on food as we were leaving. Customer service is non existent in this restaurant. Definitely we will not be returning.

1  Thank 2,066