“Great seasonal food but a bit pricey”
Review of La Bastille

La Bastille
Ranked #66 of 1,155 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Bastille Restaurant boasts true, chic, parisienne style and class for Northern IrelandAuthentic, traditional french cuisine with a modern twist in an intimate, romantic setting.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

It's in a handy enough location on the Lisburn Road and has a good reputation. We had foie gras and scallops to start, rabbit and steak for mains, and creme brulees for dessert. The creme brulees were enormous, especially compared to the less than generous starters and mains, although the menu is seasonal and has a great selection of dishes. The service could be better - we had at least 4 different waiters during the meal, no one approached to ensure everything was satisfactory, and I had to ask for a steak knife for my steak. I got a Groupon voucher for this visit and it was definitely one of the best discounts I've had. I would have been unhappy to pay full price for the meal, but I enjoyed what I had and the price I did pay. Definitely worthwhile visiting as restaurants offering this cuisine are rare in Belfast, however it could be better. I do intend on visiting again and I hope the portion size and customer service standards improve! 4/5

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had been before and we decided to pay it a visit again. As ever the service was good, the food was excellent and the staff were friendly, attentive and engaging. The portion sizes were good and its definitely something you would want to try if your looking good wholesome tasty food. I don't understand some of the other reviews for this restaurant, the food is good and the prices are clearly set out.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Well I never tire of the great authentic French experience at La Bastille, including the must see landmark which is a scale replica of the Eiffel tower!!!!
What a place for a romantic night out with photos by the tower and gorgeous food.
With a relaxed respectable pause between courses (which some would feel is too long and should go to McDonalds or stay in for a pot noodle) this great understated restaurant is all about the food and the fantastic wine list.
I hadn't been here for a while and thought I had maybe bigged up our last experience in my head, but after trying a few other eateries in recent months we returned to a personal greeting from the staff who seem to remember faces and made us feel very welcome. The whole experience lived up to what I had expected and we all had a ball, which made me look great in front of the others for showing them such a great hidden gem of a restaurant.
Well done to all in La Bastille and keep up the great work!!!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our first trip to stay in Belfast and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this restaurant. The plat de jour was excellent value for money and the food was superb. Ask for tap water as we ended up with a bottle of Vitell still water at the exorbitant price of £4.55! Otherwise the food and friendliness of the staff made this place certainly worth a visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was the third time I have been to Bastille and while my two previous trips were enjoyable and the food was good, unfortunately it was not the case on Friday night. We booked a table for four of us at 7.30pm. Previously we hadn't tried the Menu du Jour which seemed remarkable value for two course for £14 when the courses exist on their main menu at substantially more. We all ordered off this menu and in large the food was poor. The mushrooms on toast were plain button mushrooms which could have been livened up with the addition of some wild mushrooms. The goats cheese on toast again was very simple. Both these dishes had pesto on the side of the plates which was delicious. Three of us had the bavette steak, all cooked to our liking, however the toughness of the steak was awful. It was hard to cut and even harder to chew. The staff were good and even when we were the last people in the restaurant at 10.30pm!!! they didn't try to get us to leave. I do hope the food improves again as the last visits we made here were lovely.

1  Thank PurpleKim1