“1st class”

Ranked #45 of 1,086 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

If you want top class food and service, this is the place to go! 5 star hotel, and it is a 5 star restaurant with unbelievable all round ambience, food and service!

There are newer reviews for The Great Room Restaurant Merchant Hotel

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée and I have eaten here on numerous occasions. The service is top notch, the food is excellent and you couldn't find a nice setting than the Great Room, you'll find yourself admiring the ceiling no matter how many times you go.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We treasure our nights out as having three kids you have to move heaven and earth for a night out! So my husband books a romantic meal for two online and tips them off that it's my birthday and gets a £200 gift card in advance to make sure all bets are covered! Table booked for 9 so get there to have to wait 30 minutes for cocktails then have our meal.....I don't order dessert as expect wee cake having watched gentleman at table opposite getting birthday cake, but big mistake nothing arrives except coffee! Very disappointed, but wait for it gets worse, get home only to be abandoned by my husband who spends next half an hour on phone as we were billed £203 which included £30 bottle of wine which we never ordered and he wanted to make sure they didn't get away with it after having let him down so badly over ignoring my birthday! To sum up shame on you Merchant for ruining my special birthday treat and double shame for trying to charge us for bottle of wine we never ordered!!!!!!

9  Thank JoBelfast
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Where shall we go where shall we go was the cry: oh The Merchant The Merchant was the reply! Cocktail Bar first for ultimate Gin & Tonic and read and discuss menu. Great value for two and three courses. The Great Room itself is magnificent and never ceases to bore looking around the wonderful ceiling cherubs and chandelier. On to the food which was very good I chose the chicken liver and fois gras parfait with blackberry and apply, beautifully presented, tasted devine and served with lovely slice of toasted brioche. For main it was Corn fed chicken potato rosti and Alsace Veloute. Wonderful marriage of flavours and again presentation was top class. Married with lovely bottle of Pinot Noir and some S Peligrino sparkling, lucky to finish off with Coffee Royale, all great and will be back soon. The staff of course are what one would expect in a hotel restaurant of this caliber.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Wonderful food and surroundings, try the tasting menu, you get to try a different wine with every course, its expensive but worth it.