“High Tea Treat”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Belfast
“High Tea Treat”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband treated me to high tea for my birthday on Sunday. it was a lovely experience. The choice of tea was superb. You are given 4 sandwiches and cake stand with Scones, clotted cream, jam, banana bread and an assortment of cakes and Pastries. They constantly come round asking if you would like more. What you don't eat is boxed in a merchant cake box to be taken home. We were booked for 3pm and were asked to wait in the bar, we order two drinks. My husband ordered a Guinness which came out of a can, for £4.50..... But we were escorted to our table after about 5mins. They had to bring my Tom Collins over to the table as it hadn't been prepared. We were placed beside the piano at a table which could seat 4. no complaints what so ever. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited August 2013

Portrush, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked afternoon tea for my mum as a treat . Our table was booked for 3pm and when we arrived table was not ready and had a 25 min wait. When we were shown to out table it was a small low table in the corner beside the piano. Chairs and table were too low to eat off, but once I had spoken to waitress Kathryn she very kindly and quickly moved us to another table. I felt that the piano was too loud for people seated in the corner table and too uncomfortable for my mother. Our new table was very well placed. Afternoon Tea was excellent and the staff wonderful. We look forward to our next visit x

Visited August 2013
Gosport, United Kingdom
“As the name suggests " The Great Room" !”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Visited this restaurant in June , the restaurant certainly lives up to its name. All the way through, service is with a smile, food is luxurious and excellent. I had a starter, main and dessert. Food was very divine. Great location, and great, great, great!

• Visited June 2013
Langport, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea-Excellent”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went to the Merchant for afternoon tea with my daughter for her birthday treat while in Belfast - superb tea, great price £19.50 - every tea you could imagine, excellent sandwiches, patisseries, scones, etc - room is lovely, very grand and old fashioned charm - staff couldn't have been nicer-go!

• Visited July 2013
Amsterdam
“Not impressed”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The place is really run down. I can imagine the expense to replace the chairs, carpets, etc. but bits and pieces of thread were hanging off everything, stains on carpets, etc. The weather was warm for Ireland but the room was just hot hot hot..A/C not up to par. Service was ok but not great. They don't serve you the tea on the right side of the person, they just kind of hand it to you after they pour it. Everyone left their scones so I don't think it was that good. You do get a lot for 20GBP though. Good if you like sweet things.

• Visited July 2013