“The wonderful Chopin”

Chopin Grand Cafe
Ranked #152 of 1,147 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chic all-day cafe and bistro by night serving homemade and local produce with classical music and surroundings.B.Y.O
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Chopin, in St. Anne's Square has to be the best value in the heart of Belfast. The Square reminds me of the old towns in beautiful Spanish cities and here it is in Belfast!! Chopin has a very stylish interior, first class food and you can bring your own wine which is quite remarkable given the location. The owner, Joanna, is the perfect hostess and very accommodating and the staff are very professional and extremely helpful. Keep doing what you're doing Chopin and all the very best for the future.

1  Thank Louise K

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We went to Chopin for the first time on Friday night. I was recommended to try this place from my sister as she thought I may like the idea of bringing your own wine. This is quite rare in Belfast now so it was a bonus to be able to bring along my favourite wine. On this particular evening they were offering a 2 course meal for 12 pounds. Both courses were delicious. I chose the steak which was cooked to perfection and had the most amazing tapenade on top. I also tasted my partner's Hake which almost melted in my mouth. For a 2 course meal and wine, it had to be one of the cheapest nights out I have had in a long time, as well as the fact the food was at an excellent standard. We will most definitely be back and I would highly recommend this place. I also think it is important to add that the atmosphere in the restaurant was great, very vibrant and the staff were second to none, very attentive and polite.

1  Thank caprindev
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I really do not know why this place is number 1 on trip advisor! I ate here on Friday 18th. The food I have to admit was good (once it came) but not good enough to be number 1! I had mostly fat on my ribs and my friends burger was still living. No way she could eat it! The salmon starter was delicious but the crab was ridiculous! It was actually just a slice of Tesco bread. £2.00 supplement for that? What? The girl serving us was so lovely though. She really made our night! Anything we needed, she got but even so, this place is good but not good enough for us to return and certainly not good enough to be number 1. Guess you get what you pay for. All the tables were too close together and for 1 person to go to the toilet we all had to stand up and move our table around. Ridiculous! Will not be returning!

2  Thank BelfastLovesLife
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Me,my husband and 2 sons had beautiful experience on Saturday night .I have to admit that place was packed and tables were very close together but from the moment we been serve the starters till desserts food was outstanding ,quality and taste really surprise me as menu it's very cheep £12 for 2 courses and you can bring your wine !! I had winter salad and hake for my main ,follow by black forest Gateau ,this is hight quality restaurant food.Even we live in Newry we will be back !!!

1  Thank Paula M
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited here for lunch today with my husband. The decor is like a posh cafe with plenty of space between tables. The service was excellent, attentive but not in your face and the atmosphere was lovely, a mix of couples and groups. We both had burger and chips. The chips were fantastic; thick, golden and crisp without being hard. I strongly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Tina435