“Food didn't disappoint.”
Review of Chopin Grand Cafe

Chopin Grand Cafe
Ranked #135 of 1,050 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chic all-day cafe and bistro by night serving homemade and local produce with classical music and surroundings.B.Y.O
“Food didn't disappoint.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Ate here following a recommendation from a family member. Starter and main priced very well at £12 pp. Dishes are tastefully elaborate and well considered. I dined on Saturday night and it was busy as you might expect. You will need to book in advance. I would rate the food highly though my hake fillet was to my mind on the small side. I felt that the dishes were possibly over seasoned with salt but my palate may have been influenced by the samphire accompaniment. Perhaps not. A nice level of attentiveness from the staff and fair play to the guy studiously polishing the glasses behind the counter they were immaculate. It's BYO btw. Criticisms? Need to sort out the toilet arrangements. One loo for an establishment this busy isn't ideal. Furthermore, while I was there another patron in a wheelchair had considerable difficulty accessing the facilities. Really really enjoyed my meal and good atmosphere. Great value I think. Deserves to be successful.

• Polish first
UK
“Outstanding”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Finally somebody is providing the type of restaurant we need here. I ate here last night with a small group of friends to celebrate a birthday and, without gushing too much, it was perfect. The setting is fantastic overlooking the square and the decor is lovely. The food was faultless as was the service by an extremely professional Darryl (spelling possibly off here). I love the menu which is small but offers a great variety including some classics, such as chicken wings and burgers, done with a contemporary twist. Between us we had prawn cocktails, wings, burger, hake, ribs and chicken with sides of lovely homemade fries and sweet potato chips. Everything was cooked to perfection, simple but absolutely lovely. I can't believe I am saying this but the value is nearly too good with two courses for £12. We will all be back and will spread the word - a wee bit reluctantly because I imagine once the reputation of this place takes off it will be impossible to get a table. Thank you.

1 Thank Colhooney
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Eggs Benedict To Die For”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We drive from Crumlin for lunch regularly for the Eggs Benedict which is amazing. It's great value and The service is 5*. Worth a visit. X

1 Thank Angela48_11
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice food, good value”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I'm not entirely sure why this restaurant is #2 in Belfast. I eat out in Belfast all the time and there are far superior places but it is great value, perhaps that may have something to do with it. The food is good not great and the place itself is a little 'cafeteria' inside. I had a nice meal here but wouldn't be in a rush to go back.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank JoJo F
“Delicious food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had a 2 course for £12 dinner here before seeing a show- it was amazing. The presentation was beautiful and the portions were big too. So tasty and the service was great as well. I'll be back for more!

• Visited August 2013