“fantastic atmosphere and excellent fresh food”
Review of Chopin Grand Cafe

Chopin Grand Cafe
Ranked #136 of 1,052 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chic all-day cafe and bistro by night serving homemade and local produce with classical music and surroundings.B.Y.O
Belfast, United Kingdom
“fantastic atmosphere and excellent fresh food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had a meal at Chopin Grand Cage tonight (BYO) omg flavours were amazing the ham hock was the best I ever tasted, the peri peri chichen was so fresh it almost walk onto the plate.
Very reasonable for good quailty food and bring your own makes it really inexpensive.
The decor was lovely as was the music which could just about be heard over the chatter of customers in this bustling resturant.

• Polish first
Sydney Australia
“Beautiful food, great hospitality and excellent value”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We arrived at Chopin (on trip advisors recommendations) without a booking on a Saturday night (which in hindsight was not real smart). Though full, and there were 6 of us, the manager was able to re arrange some tables to fit us in. First bonus....it's BYO. Second bonus, the price, £12 for 2 courses, outrageously good value. And finally the food, delicious. Naturally enough, we returned to this cafe for another great dinner 2 nights later. Highly recommended, for both the quality of food and value.

1 Thank Paul_Johnstone
Carrickmacross
“Homely tasty fare, not snooty.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I eat out very frequently as a city-based professional in Belfast. If I could cook or imposed on my hard-working wife to cook my daily dinner (is that sexist??), then this is the fresh homemade creative fare I would love to be served. Luckily for me, they feed me such delectables here...love the Rocky Road Desert!!

1 Thank joe b
“Amazing food and great atmosphere at a very reasonable price.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Visited on a midweek evening. £12 for two courses of simply excellent food. Wife and I both loved it, and amazed at the price.

They don't sell alcohol, so you have to remember to BYO, (our they will buy you a bottle from the neighbouring hotel).

randalstown
“Definitely isn't no 1 in Belfast.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We go to a lot of restaurants and cafes in Belfast, and I don't honestly know how this place got number one!!
We went today to finish our wkend in the city... It maybe was just a bad day.
My husband had the pulled pork slider.... Which was ok!! The sauce reminded me of a jar of sauce. I had the pesto pasta that was supposed to have sun blushes tomatoes.... I counted three!!
The waiter was not in good form... After speaking to a friend/ or someone he seemed to know. He went into the kitchen and threw a mini tantrum. The language he used could be heard from the dinning room as the kitchen is visible to everyone.
Our meal came to the serving window and sat there for eight minutes under the heating lamp as the waiter served other people, answered the phone and sorted people out at the till. Really on a bank holiday weekend, there should definitely have been more than one person serving.
I will not be back and I strongly advise people to think twice before going to this "no 1" cafe/ restaurant in Belfast.
Try the mac opposite or any where else in the square.... But give Chopin the miss.

3 Thank weegemm