“Little lilys bistro”

Little Lily's Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Had a meal in little lilys last night was not disappointed .plenty of choice on menu.food was excellent dessert was something else. Place was full and great atmosphere in restaurant.as this is one of my favourite restaurants I will be back soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Its strange to have a restaurant like this tucked away on the Castlereigh Rd. Its trying to be fancy and while the food isnt bad at all - I think its just too much, and its Cathedral Quarter prices too. I had squid, there was maybe 5 pieces and more greens than I care for and I really thought the steaming basket presentstion was quite clumsey. Tasted good however. I must admit I felt the service to be overbearing, but this is probably just me, as I dont like overbearing hospitality.

Will return again.

2  Thank TheFirstManOfBelfast
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a fabulous meal. This was our second time to the bistro; first time we were unsure but this time was just amazing. I had the chicken liver parfait to start and my husband the oxtail ravioli, both were delicious. We both went for the same main, the chilli chicken special. This was really tasty, perfectly seasoned and spicy with a gorgeous curry slaw and the best chips in belfast! We had an Eton mess to share for dessert which was divine. I will definitely be back!

2  Thank Lynseyg1
Reviewed July 20, 2014

A group of four 'girls' ate here on Friday night. We had booked and were greeted by the owner and given our choice of tables. Great start. The menu was very 'fancy/pretentious' and we had trouble getting four that we liked....we chose scampi to share and the pate. The 'toast' was soggy and unappetising but the scampi and the beetroot slaw were pleasant to the palate. I ordered t-bone steak, something I haven't eaten in Years...it was supposed to be medium rare but was actually 'blue' and disgustingly fatty. The proprietor did enquire if all was well and did offer to replace my meal but when I'm half way through the meal and so are my friends I'm not interested! One of the other ladies really enjoyed the flavours of her trio of pork but it was only just warm. Again she was asked if she required it heated up. She declined! We didn't have desserts. One of us did have coffee. At the end of the evening one on my friends ( who is quite deaf and talks loudly) remarked they ' we'll stick with our choice of local Indian restaurants in future' to which the owner responded from the top of the room ' good idea'! This was quite unnecessary and we did challenge him about it. He correctly pointed out that with regard to the food, he had offered to replace/ reheat food..I did enquire if it might had been a good idea to offer us all coffee on the house to which he had a little rant. The restaurant was quite empty for a Friday night and with hindsight we can understand why! None of us will return and so far I've spread the news among many friends! Oh and finally...SERIOUSLY OVERPRICED!! Only wish I had taken a picture of my 'steak'...

10  Thank Margaret B
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I keep going back time and again to this bistro. Staff are friendly and the good has always been excellent and great value for money!