“Simply sensational”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Simply sensational”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Not often I'll claim a restaurant has over exceeded on my expectations but this place did. The food was cooked to absolute perfection. Had a Chicken Jalfrezi which was one of the tastiest mains I've ever had. The staff including Ali were the friendliest you could ever hope to meet. My big mate Andy Stewart had warned me that I'd be addicted and 2 visits in one weekend is testament to that. Keep up the good work guys. Stardorman

• Visited May 2014
7 Thank stardorman

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best Indian takeaway in Belfast for taste and value”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Visited on the recommendation of a friend for poppadoms and 2 other courses £6.95 certain evenings before 7pm and BYO. Initially thought the restaurant looked a bit grubby i.e. the paintwork and floors although there was a strong smell of bleach. From the outside I would not have known that it was a sit in place in addition to takeaways - it could do better to promote itself from the kerbside. However, I had a super meal - truly delicious meals for my party of 3 and we all had different dishes both courses. Portion sizes were large and quality of chicken breast excellent. The guy serving made us feel so welcome and bent over backwards to ensure we were 100 % satisfied with our experience. I would definitely order food from here again although I like to try new places each time I go out for a sit-down meal.

7 Thank SATURDAYNIGHT475
“Excellent food”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Once again an excellent well prepared meal. Early bird menu for £9.95 poppadoms, starter and main course plus bring your own. Would recommend for good food.

7 Thank accountsclerk
“Excellent Curry”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I ordered a takeaway from Shimla for the first time tonight and was not disappointed. Best curry I have had in a long time (Tandoori mixed starter and Chilli chicken tikka masala). The best in East Belfast. Highly recommended. A+.

7 Thank bluetwthompson
“wee gem”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

4 of us went here after hearing of their food and early bird special. If you arrive before 7 pm the early bird is 4 courses for £9.95.

nicely decorated restaurant area. Good sized tables. Extensive menu and friendly staff. It's also a bring your own bottle which certainly helps keep costs down

The food arrived and was piping hot. We all enjoyed our meal. We didnt go for desserts but went for coffees which were delivered along with some after 8 mints. The staff were happy for us to sit over a few bottles of wine long after we had finished eating and didnt rush us. This always amazes me as obviously they are not making any money out of us given it BYO.

The staff were chatty and friendly. As I was the one who had recommended we went here, I was delighted to receive texts the next day from my chums saying they loved it and would be happy to go back next month again

my only very small problem was the strength of the incense they were burning. As I suffer from asthma I tend to avoid incense and on this occassion I did find it over powering. All in all a very small point.

We will certainly go back and I will also try their delivery service

8 Thank grannywally